anyone else trying to get h&r sport springs for their 03?

venomous99

Established Member
when is H&R ever going to ship enough sport springs for the 03 cobra? ive been on the wait list at tirerack for a few weeks already. does anyone know of a retailer that has these springs in stock?

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I got the race ones from Maximum Motorsports a few weeks ago and they were at my door step a few days after i ordered them, but that's because they are only 3-4 hours away from where I live.

venomous99

Established Member
i want to get the sport versions cuz the race versions would be a bit harsh for my back. i remember having to go through this long wait for the sports when i was looking for springs for my 99 cobra. things have not changed...:bash:
ended up going with eibach prokits which was a big mistake

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
i want to get the sport versions cuz the race versions would be a bit harsh for my back. i remember having to go through this long wait for the sports when i was looking for springs for my 99 cobra. things have not changed...:bash:

my eibachs are perfect, if my car sat any lower I'd be in trouble. The ride is better than stock too.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
Yeah, everyone has their own preference to what is too rough or too soft. The race springs are just right for me and my driving style.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Just my 2C..
I have the race version and the ride is almost like stock and drop is half as much as sport version...I also have the MM F and R isolaters.

EatonMe

Is there any place that currently has ANY H&R sports in stock?

Hell, does anyone here have any for sale? I don't care if they're new or used I just want some.

RossSVT

Established Member
The H&R's are on back order until further notice......that's what I was told today. Just opted to get the Eibach pro kit. Putting them in tommrow. I have a friend who put a set of H&R sports on his 03 last year and ran 1/2 the year then took them off and sold them and changed to the Eibach's....said it was way too low after the springs settled.....to each their own I guess.

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Last I heard, everyone has them on back-order and they wont be available for 4-6 weeks.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Try maximummotorsports.com, they have a set of used on their sale list and carry H&R's, a little pricey for shipping, but I'm sure they would have them.

FKing1

Established Member
I gave up on the H&R's I had on order and am having a set of the 99-01 Steeda's installed , car is in the shop today. The 03/04 Steeda's (rr only) give less drop than the 99's. Frt's are the same for 99-04.
Fred K.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
luckily i got my H&R SS springs just before the whole "backorder" ordeal. too bad i didn't get my H&R wheelspacers in time before it too. :(

arts5l

Established Member
I had my ordered from tirerack since the first week of March and the guy called me this week and told me it would take another 2 weeks. I cancelled that order. Then ordered from maximum motorsports.com and they said maybe by the end of April. I cancelled that ordered. I kept looking on ebay and found a company who says they have some left. I bought a set. I guess i'll find out on monday if he really has a set.

here is the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33582&item=2471896598&rd=1

venomous99

Established Member
i called that ebay retailer and they said they would contact the h&r distributor in america to see if the springs are in stock. to me it looks like the chances they'll have the springs are slim.

Users who are viewing this thread