Anyone else with Candy Red Metallic having this issue?

Nick Nasty

Established Member
I've got a couple of spots on the car where the paint is cracking and starting to flake. Picture 1 in on the roof, and its the only one up there.
Picture 2 is on the hood where there is 3 of them.
It seems like the longer I have the car, the more of these I find.
The car is washed regularly, is never parked under trees, and if birds decide
to shit on it, it is washed immediately so I have no clue as to what would be causing this.
Ford is trying to tell me that these spots are being caused by outside forces, and will not be covered. But I have no idea what else would cause this.

Roof.

20130426_152740_zps59ced00a.jpg

Hood

20130426_152414_1_zps1097dee9.jpg

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Outside forces? Like what, Luke Skywalker type shit? Take it to another dealer, that dealer is stupid.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i now have chemical pop on my right rear fender in front of the tire. when i finally get back to texas my car is going GHIG

Last edited:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Do you park under a metal carport? I've seen spots on paint on a car from condensation dripping off one of those before.

Nuar

Established Member
Tell them that unless you get this resolved, they will get outside forces size (your shoe size) swiftly affecting their rear end lol.

Just go to another dealership or go over their head all together.
Thats some bullshit right there :/

kevinp

Established Member
You never know with stuff like that, all it would take is a car hauler leaking some hydraulic fluid, or a messy shop getting some brake fluid on it when doing PDA or whatever. Takes a while but it eventually eats through the paint unless its rinsed of quick.

Of course it can also be some kind reaction int the original paint process, depending how bad it is I'm not sure if I'd want a dealer to start spraying panels on a candy red car. After my first rock ding in the hood at 300 miles with this '13 I dont look that close any more, but my 2011 sat on a dealer lot for nearly a year and had a few spots like that - who knows what ate the paint.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
My red candy had two of those spots on the hood but it goes away with wax. I just assumed it was from bird shit or something sitting on the paint for too long.

kirbyg16

Established Member
I just looked over my car and I dont see any spots. I leave mine in the garahe all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread