Anyone enlist with prior knee injuries?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I told my recruiter.
Looked at my medical records and they show nothing is out of the "norm".

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Do yourself a favor, if you enlist do NOT disclose any medical issues. PERIOD. it will benefit you in the end when you ETS. Remember this. the military has caused all of your health issues and you will be good to go when you get to the VA.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Do yourself a favor, if you enlist do NOT disclose any medical issues. PERIOD. it will benefit you in the end when you ETS. Remember this. the military has caused all of your health issues and you will be good to go when you get to the VA.

That's what the recruiter said but I didn't know if it was one of those things where they tell you anything to have you show up.

So do you know anyone that had prior injuries and fibbed about them?

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
That's what the recruiter said but I didn't know if it was one of those things where they tell you anything to have you show up.

So do you know anyone that had prior injuries and fibbed about them?

Your recruiter isnt just telling you that to get you to show up, hes telling you that to help you out when you go to retire or separate from service. There are plenty of people who enlist without mentioning their prior ailments.

99navert

Established Member
He's to lazy to do the paperwork. I had pre-existing conditions, disclosed all of them & had no problem enlisting ADAF. The VA will still provide compensation after your ETS if the condition is aggravated during your time in the service.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
I wouldnt worry about it and go enlist. Honestly because its the reserves, i wouldnt even worry about it. If anyone ask be like o i forgot about it.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You'll have to get waivers signed which is why he said to not disclose anything. A lot of the time waivers dont get passed which means you cant join.

I had to get one for a concussion before I could join up. Nothing I could do as it was in my medical records.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I had to get one for a concussion before I could join up. Nothing I could do as it was in my medical records.
It was my understanding that you don't have to bring any paper work with you.
How did they have your medical records?

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Yeah no, I did ROTC and they didnt have any medical history. As far as they are concerned your med records start the day you get to basic. The only thing i needed to have was my shot record.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yeah no, I did ROTC and they didnt have any medical history. As far as they are concerned your med records start the day you get to basic. The only thing i needed to have was my shot record.

ROTC doesnt require basic training...

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
? Thats weird, when i was in basic i had two guys that were in ROTC going through with me.

It depends on what your scholarship is, if you have one.

The guys with you were more than likely National Guard guys getting an SMP scholarship.

Basic trainings only for enlisted personnel. If youre never an enlisted soldier, they wont send you there.

TrevorR90

Banned
It depends on what your scholarship is, if you have one.

The guys with you were more than likely National Guard guys getting an SMP scholarship.

Basic trainings only for enlisted personnel. If youre never an enlisted soldier, they wont send you there.
Um no, I had everybody in my basic from ROTC, Reserves, national guard... That was 2 years ago but still.

Users who are viewing this thread