Anyone ever been to Maldives?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Wife and i considering it for our 25th anniversary...looks fun and well .y real motive is fishing...for giant trevalle lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wife and i considering it for our 25th anniversary...looks fun and well .y real motive is fishing...for giant trevalle lol

We've looked a few times. I just don't think I could justify the cost, nor the amount of time on an airplane to get there.

But, if she's still with me at year 25, I might haha

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My buddy that's a Marine Raider has spent a lot of time over there and he mentioned the other day that he's going to buy a house there when he retires. I think his wife is from the area as well, but he makes it sound nice. I count his view different than most though since he's been well integrated and trained on the region.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
My buddy that's a Marine Raider has spent a lot of time over there and he mentioned the other day that he's going to buy a house there when he retires. I think his wife is from the area as well, but he makes it sound nice. I count his view different than most though since he's been well integrated and trained on the region.
Seeing as i have heard more than one Marine tell me that a stripper loved him i get your point

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Seeing as i have heard more than one Marine tell me that a stripper loved him i get your point

He told me to go to the Philippines for a wife. It's like I get that you're well traveled and know some good spots, but I'm not going to some country to find a wife where women are desperate to marry American men. Especially, coming from a guy who's first wife we warned him about before they married and she's still is trying to screw him over to this day as they have a daughter. She's nuts and would probably take the cake in the ex wives thread. Calls his command regularly to report him for abuse even though they've been divorced for years now. She was Navy so she knows how the system works and knows that reports like that can take him off the job while it's investigated.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
He told me to go to the Philippines for a wife. It's like I get that you're well traveled and know some good spots, but I'm not going to some country to find a wife where women are desperate to marry American men. Especially, coming from a guy who's first wife we warned him about before they married and she's still is trying to screw him over to this day as they have a daughter. She's nuts and would probably take the cake in the ex wives thread. Calls his command regularly to report him for abuse even though they've been divorced for years now. She was Navy so she knows how the system works and knows that reports like that can take him off the job while it's investigated.
Like i said lol

kaz109

Established Member
I have wanted to go for years (or Bora Bora) but between both my Kids Traveling for AAU basketball state to state 8 months out of the year it is pretty impossible at this point . My youngest has 6 more years so if the world hasn’t imploded by then we are going .

Wife and I haven’t had a vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon 20 years ago…. We’re due

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have wanted to go for years (or Bora Bora) but between both my Kids Traveling for AAU basketball state to state 8 months out of the year it is pretty impossible at this point . My youngest has 6 more years so if the world hasn’t imploded by then we are going .

Wife and I haven’t had a vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon 20 years ago…. We’re due

Why not? My wife and I go on at least one a year just us. Best thing I've ever prioritized.

MG0h3

Established Member

Props for giving your kids that opportunity and making the sacrifice.

But you guys gotta make time for yourselves too! Hope you at least get some date nights in.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kaz109

Established Member
Props for giving your kids that opportunity and making the sacrifice.

But you guys gotta make time for yourselves too! Hope you at least get some date nights in.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Appreciate the kind words man! Yes I am very blessed to be able to provide my kids an opportunity I and many others never had.

My wife and I make sure we have a date night at lease once a month to stay connected and remember what matters most. Earlier on in life she was getting her business started and I worked for a major company that kept taking promotions to the point where I was on a business trips for months at a time.

By the second year of me, being in that position, I came home one weekend, and it was actually awkward, we both felt it… we had grown apart( even with talking and FaceTime daily ) and let our work career define us and not our love and family.

It was at that moment we said never again . A month later I had a different position in the company and we made it a point to spend an hr each night with each other, no phones , no TV, no work, no kids …. Just getting back to the basics of remembering why we married each other .

Sorry for the lame rant guys…..

Back to the topic….. hopefully I see boobs when when we finally take the trip to Maldives….. and my wife’s as well lol

sae156

Established Member
i would pick the seychelles over the maldives. used to work with a few guys that all told me the same thing. they said too much muslim (no booze) in maldives for them.

wifey and i did french polynesia. easy to get to from LAX. bora bora, moorea and papeete.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i would pick the seychelles over the maldives. used to work with a few guys that all told me the same thing. they said too much muslim (no booze) in maldives for them.

wifey and i did french polynesia. easy to get to from LAX. bora bora, moorea and papeete.
We looked at seychelles...holy steep lol

Wife and i havnt been on an actial vaca in 20years lol...kid stuff, work shit, parents dyin, ya know adult shit lol

sae156

Established Member
We looked at seychelles...holy steep lol

Wife and i havnt been on an actial vaca in 20years lol...kid stuff, work shit, parents dyin, ya know adult shit lol
have you guys looked at flights to the maldives? just curious how most people get there. doesn't Emirates fly there?

Users who are viewing this thread