anyone ever heard of this problem?

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
i picked my car up yesterday from the shop after getting the mods installed which included pulleys, bap, and an lfp h/e w/ reservoir. about a mile and a half from the place while stopped at a light, i noticed steam start to come through the heat extractors in the hood. i pulled over immediately before the temp gauge even moved and noticed that there was quite a bit of antifreeze at the front of the engine bay near the drivers side. i had my friend roll-back it to the shop. they pressurized the system and found no leaks whatsoever. they stated that they think there must have been an air pocket in the radiator fluid and after it heated up, it came through the overflow radiator cap. they did remove the radiator while doing the mods, so the fluid did have to be replaced, and i think they know they messed-up by not bleeding the system, but i just wanted to be sure they're giving me a reasonable explanation for what happened. sorry for the long-winded explanation and thanks for all the help.

TRBO VNM

sounds reasonable. not sure why the radiator had to be removed for those mods. that sounds unreasonable in itself.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
i hear ya. i didn't mind them removing the radiator though. i think they needed to get in there to see what was going on to do the installs. i'm glad it does sound like a reasonable explanation for the problem. oh, and thanks for the quick help yesterday when i was downloading my tune. i didn't expect to see that screen.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I would have to agree with Jason. There was no reason for them to remove your radiator to do your mods. Did they tell you why they did?

TRBO VNM

Jason,

this was the shop you were telling me about right? they have more import car experience? find anothe shop if so. I thought about it a little more and removing the radiator just adds to the labor fee.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
Jason,

this was the shop you were telling me about right? they have more import car experience? find anothe shop if so. I thought about it a little more and removing the radiator just adds to the labor fee.
yeah, that's the one. i have to admit though, i picked it up yesterday and they seemed to have rectified the problem. they also took the time to detail the interior and exterior of the car for me. the engine bay is cleaner now than when i first brought it in. so i was very happy with the way they handled the problem. oh and as far as the car running now, so good so far. thanks for the help guys. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread