Anyone ever run Seafoam through a 2-stroke?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
my weed eater needs an internal cleansing and i've thinkin about running some seafoam through her

will the seafoam hurt it in the lubrication department?

anyone ever done this?

ViciousJay

Established Member
ehhhhhhh not sure how it would handle it but if you tried it i wouldnt use more then a shot glass worth

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Just run a little through her and see how she performs.
The Fuel/Oil mix should instantly lubricate everything again.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Here's a video of an Echo trimmer being sea foamed.
I'm going to try this on my Echo SRM-210 this weekend.

[youtube_browser]uRssZC3ZofI[/youtube_browser]

UncleDan

Established Member
Running any kind of "engine cleaner" through a two stroke is hardly ever a good idea. I worked for a Mercury Marine dealer for 8 years as an outboard engine tech and there is no way in hell I or anyone else there would ever do this. I'm not sure if "Seafoam" is designed to run through 2 strokes (to provide proper lubrication,) but I've actually worked on a few engines that had internal damage due to customers running "engine cleaner" through them.

It's just a weed wacker engine. Those are cake to get running good. Best thing to do is go through the carb and make sure it's clean. Then, put good, fresh fuel in it (properly mixed with a quality brand of 2 stroke oil) and just run it.

Running the piss out of it will "clean it out" for you.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Bad idea for a 2 stroke. Not only that there arnt any internal engine parts to clean. Carbon build up will be found at the very beginning of the muffler, not in the combustion chamber like a four stroke. Just take the carb apart and clean it.

Misquamarauder

Established Member
2 stroke engines are pretty simple. Clean the carb., if you're looking for something to do, pop off the head and knock any carbon off the exhaust valve. You asked if anyone used Seafoam, and I do on my chain saw and weed wacker. Just like the directions say.

assasyn

Established Member
I ran it though mine. I pulled the spark plug out and put two or three caps in it. It fogged for mosquitoes for about 10 minutes and then the idle smoothed back out to where is was before it started running bad.

Users who are viewing this thread