Anyone every buy Sumitomo HTR-Z tires???

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
They are the lowest price 315's available at $110 a piece. I always use BGF drag radials but i want a nice street tire with descent wear for the next few months seeing i will be doing no racing whatsoever while i break in the new motor. Let me know if anyone has had any expierience good or bad with these tires.

TIA,

Jay

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
here's a pic of them on

http://nino.dnsalias.org/xoops/modu...mName=MikesMystichromeII&id=DriverRearQuarter

im currently running these tires & have about 6 months w/ them, i have a heavy foot so they are wearing quite quickly & they do have a treadwear B. Overall i gotta say they ride really great in long trips, rain, at 120+mph blasts, and get better traction than f1's well anything gets better traction than oem f1's ,,,,,,,

ZINC AND BLOWN

Established Member
I have the 315/35/17's on my cobra.........i think they are great tires for the $......i buy cheap because i love to burn the hell out of my tires every chance i get!!!!!!!!!!

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Thnaks alot guys i'm going to order up a set and try them out..i'll get a set of BFG's for the spring and next season when the time comes.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Those and the Kumho's of the same size are pretty good for street driving (read getting-from place-to-place, not racing, accelerating hard or blowing the doors of vettes and camaros.)

Less mileage than F1's though, kinda like a non sticky Nitto that won't kill you in the rain.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
postban said:
Those and the Kumho's of the same size are pretty good for street driving (read getting-from place-to-place, not racing, accelerating hard or blowing the doors of vettes and camaros.)

Less mileage than F1's though, kinda like a non sticky Nitto that won't kill you in the rain.

I had a set of Kumho's on my 01 Cobra. I will NEVER, EVER run a set of those again. Worst tire I have ever owned. Foulest handling tire I have ever driven on. Makes the F1's feel like the greatest tire ever made.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Ordered a set from tirerack $250 for the 2 tires delivered. Cannot beat that price anywhere.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Ive got em too, they are a good tire. I too paid 250 shipped from tirerack. I have to say they are a kinda skinny 315. the gs-d3 315's make them look like a 285.

BiZ

Established Member
Haven't used them on the Cobra. But on my old ZR-1 I tried a set. While they are a great tire for the money, I only got six months use out of them before they were toast.

STREETREBEL

Established Member
I have the 315's. If I even thing about giving it a
little gas they start spinning. You can't race anyone
and expect to keep up. Good to use just to drive to
the track. They are cheap but I won't buy anymore!

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
BLWN03 said:
Ordered a set from tirerack $250 for the 2 tires delivered. Cannot beat that price anywhere.

hell yea, i put a post up a while back, about them cause i got a flat in my 1 bfg that was not able to be patched, so i needed somethin cheap in a hurry and they fit on the 10.5 inch rims good

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
acatalon said:
Do these fit like the nitto 315 (no spacer required)?
Read these...

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

If you're running 315 Sumitomos on 10.5" Cobra replica wheels, it will be really close. Some people have been able to do it without any spacers. These tires are wider than Nittos.

TIRES.gif

Sumi315_section_width.jpg

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I'm looking to get a set of 315s. Saw the Sumitomo on ebay for $258.00 delivered. Didn't know if it was a crap tire or not. Its great to come here, do a quick search, and find the answer in flash.

Thanks guys!

SLWSNKE

Banned
They are a very outdated design. If you are looking for a dirt cheap 315, they will fit the bill. Just don't expect good traction.

The htz z-II's that Jimmy was referring to are much better for traction.

Lorne

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
SLWSNKE said:
They are a very outdated design. If you are looking for a dirt cheap 315, they will fit the bill. Just don't expect good traction.

The htz z-II's that Jimmy was referring to are much better for traction.

Lorne

Sure wish they had them in 315s.

GodStang

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I had a set of Kumho's on my 01 Cobra. I will NEVER, EVER run a set of those again. Worst tire I have ever owned. Foulest handling tire I have ever driven on. Makes the F1's feel like the greatest tire ever made.

HAHA I had a set of Kumho's Ecsta 7xx on my 01 Cobra and they where bald in less than 1000 miles. I NEVER BURNED OUT AND I drive like an old woman so it was not the driving. Also handled like crap. My wifes 01 GT came with Kumos also and they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread