Anyone fixed the stalling yet?

rskdsk

Established Member
Just checking with you guys to see if you'all have any magical cure for the dreaded stalling. My car stalled on me twice today ... both had very bad timing ( at major interections). The dealership still has nothing, and forget Ford customer service.

BTW the www.NHTSA.com site has over 20 complaints about stalling documented ... I am sure Ford will be doing something ... just when

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I dont have a cure, but mine has not stalled in 4 months now. I used to could make it stall at will with hard acc, then neutral and hard brakeing. Ford relflash did nothing. Mine stopped with the addition of a TB and an aftermarket eec flash.

jason

03Dave

Established Member
No luck here either. I've been really trying everything the last two days (just got in from the garage right now). still stalls!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ever since going to synthetic oil my car has idled higher and I have not had a stall while under normal driving. AT the track however after a blast down the strip, if I push in the clutch and brake for a decent amount of time it will still stall.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
The stalling problem has been around since the '99s came out and Ford still hasn't found a solution. I don't have that problem with mine, but if it did, I wouldn't wait for Ford to fix it.

bbeers

My car stalled all the time. I disconnected the negative side of the batter (to reset the computer) and the mass air for an hour and I have not stalled since. (knock on wood)

golfprowanabe

Established Member
mine stalled when I put in a MAC cia with a 12 'clock maf position. Switched to the Densecharger with a 12'clock maf position and have had no problems at all. Not even idling problems....go figure.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
My car stalled the second day I bought it. Since I put on the CAI and cat back, not a thing. No vibe, no clunk, no stall, no tick.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I had a 2001 cobra that stalled and a ford dealer by my house fixed it.
It was two bad sensors. I can't remember what two though. I think one was a crankshaft sensor and something else. They put a flight data recorder on it and drove it around till it stalled.

Last edited:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Cobra'03 had a thread a while ago on his own fix. cant seem to find it maybe you could PM him.I think his fix was fairly simple and he had no more problems afterwards.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Well to give props, I did the idle reset which others before me were the leaders on....

do a search and you will find full details. The summary is that I had to reset the mechanical idle to 750 rpm by putting a 5mm hex socket head screw in place of the stock idle set screw. Then, remove the IAC but leave electrical connector on, duct tape over the space on the intake, and adjust the idle stop screw to get 750 rpm (no more, no less) by using an allen head in the socket head screw. Reset the TPS to about .98-1.00vdc with key on.

Disconnect neg battery side for about 10 mins - press the brake pedal for faster discharge.

Reconnect the IAC, start the engine, and let idle with no throttle movement for about 5 minutes, then turn on A/C and let it idle with no footplay for another 5 minutes.

By setting the mechanical idle (not the PCM idle) to 750, when the conditions which cause the usual sudden idle drop to 500 or below (stall), the engine will almost never "lose it".

I call it SIDS (sudden idle drop syndrome).

If you go much above 750, you will get a MIL light after a number of cycles - too low and you hsave gained zero. Car idles grreat at 750 rpm.

Pyro

Established Member
I solved my stalling when I moved my ram air back about 8". No stalling so far.

Users who are viewing this thread