Anyone from St Louis? Hoping someone can help me out

veddersbetter

Established Member
Im a newbie here.. Been lurking for a long time..figured it was time to join since I was seriously considering buying an 03 Cobra.
Im looking at one from St Louis Craigslist. I really want the car but there is an issue with it that doesnt sit well with me. Owner says the battery light blinks on at highway speed .. then off at city speed. Said he had it checked out and the Alt. Pulley needs to be changed.. Says later the belt is slipping on the pulley. That.. to me... says the pulley is froze up or overspinning so much its probably dangerous.. .. especially to make a 300 mile return drive.

So Im asking several things..
Should I let this deal go because hes not willing to buy a $60 part to sell the car? (I offered to pay for the part if he would install it or have it installed)
would that really be the problem?
Does anyone know this person selling a Sonic Blue 03 from St Louis (West County) CL? (Is he trustworthy etc?)
And if anyone is feeling really generous.... they can check the car out for me before I drive 600 miles round trip.

Seems like a decent guy but if you cant replace a $60 part to sell a car for this much money... kind of tells me this pulley isnt the real problem.
Thanks to anyone in advance that can help out

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
It's not the pulley, it's the alternator. Tell him to put an alternator on it and go from there.

veddersbetter

Established Member
He has the stock alternator.. It has a PA alternator on it now. I doubt he will even do that. How bad of a job is replacing the alternator on these? .... Im brand new to this car.

veddersbetter

Established Member
Well I bought it.. Very happy so far. Car looks great and runs great. (save for the battery deal) Hell of a torque curve.. and hell of a learning curve to drive it! lol

Turns out.. the seller was a cool guy to deal with.. got all the extra parts etc and he was very helpful
Ill get some pics of it once I get it cleaned up.. Drove it home 300 miles in a downpour.. NOT FUN

IMG00122-20100821-0112.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread