Anyone good at Chem??

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Having trouble with these Acid/Base neutralizatios...anyone know where or what the equations to figure these out??

Example: A 5.00 x 10^2-mL sample of 2.00 M HCl solution is treated with 4.47 g of magnesium. Calculate the concentration of the acid solution after all the metal has reacted. Assume the volume remains unchanged??

Man i hate chemistry some new equation everyday. i'm lost with these though so i could use any help.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Anyone know some good College level chem helper sites or anything please. Post. I know this isn't the best spot to ask for some school help. but bear with me

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Skip down to the titrations part. This is the equation you want to use. I take it they are asking for the pH level. Let us know if it's the molar concentration.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You beat me to it. I'm a chem major but I haven't done A/B chem in years. The material on the site Jeff listed is very good.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
You beat me to it. I'm a chem major but I haven't done A/B chem in years. The material on the site Jeff listed is very good.

Thank you! Of course I'm sure you can explain it better than I. I'm more of a formula man. :beer:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
well, you're going to need a balanced equation first

4HCl(aq) + (Mg2+) -> 4H+(g) + 2MgCl2(aq)

Basically says when you throw this Mg stuff in, you're going to get 4 mols of Hydrogen gas, and 2 moles of Magnesium cholride.

aq = aqueus (ions are floating around as a salt)

Next, I would turn your mL into Liters, molar Concentration is defined as "Moles dived by Liters". It's also best to turn everything into mols. turn your 4.46 grams of Mg into mols as well.. I'm looking through an old chem book of mine and I used to be so good at this stuff, but it's been nearly 3 years since my college chem class.

Definetly try your college help center :)

good luck.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
yea its molar concentration...thanks for the help guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread