Anyone had a Bad Boost Bypass??

trey193

Established Member
Took my car out the other night and noticed it was only making 10lbs of boost and slowly climbing to 11 and felt horrible. It has a 2.60 upper RR pulley and stock lower and generally makes 15.5 on the hit and drops to 13 uptop. Well came back to the shop and checked the pulley and belt all were good, swapped on another boost bypass valve and bam now the car feels good but is only making 14 on the hit and good air with low humidity. I just threw the Boost Bypass on quickly to see if it would cure the problem and it did but I am wondering if I need to adjust it to get full boost?? Is there a way to adjust them by loosening the bolts and turning it one way, does it need to rest firmly on the stop with the engine off??? Been a while since I have messed with the eaton?? All help is appreciated!!!!

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
There were a bunch of them when KB first came out with the 2.6. Apparently the angle that the valve had to open was to severe and the silicone/ rubber diaphragm would get torn.

So on Whipple I'm sure it's possible.

trey193

Established Member
Not a Whipple, its my newer Eaton Car. Today I loosened the bolts and pushed down and then retightened. Didnt get a chance to drive it afterwards though.

Users who are viewing this thread