Anyone has a Racing SIM set up?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Got my DD Pro with the TR80 on the way! Got it set up on a fairly heavy table I have and now I know what you mean about flex lol. It was tipping the table up a little bit at times which is amazing that more people don't hurt their hands more often not expecting how powerful it is. The experience is awesome though, and while I'm not fully accustomed to it yet, it makes driving and hitting lines so much easier. I probably won't even use it much until I get the cockpit and can mount it properly.

I'm definitely going to get some accessories for this and was curious which ones are a must have if anyone knows? They have the load cell pedal kit and the V3 pedal kit that has vibration for the pedals that I was looking at. Will probably get the shifter just to add for fun, but is there anything else you really need?

Also, I saw that they are coming out with a 12nm Playstation DD Pro base next month. How much more of an advantage is the higher output? I have the 8nm now which was the highest for this kit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got my DD Pro with the TR80 on the way! Got it set up on a fairly heavy table I have and now I know what you mean about flex lol. It was tipping the table up a little bit at times which is amazing that more people don't hurt their hands more often not expecting how powerful it is. The experience is awesome though, and while I'm not fully accustomed to it yet, it makes driving and hitting lines so much easier. I probably won't even use it much until I get the cockpit and can mount it properly.

I'm definitely going to get some accessories for this and was curious which ones are a must have if anyone knows? They have the load cell pedal kit and the V3 pedal kit that has vibration for the pedals that I was looking at. Will probably get the shifter just to add for fun, but is there anything else you really need?

Also, I saw that they are coming out with a 12nm Playstation DD Pro base next month. How much more of an advantage is the higher output? I have the 8nm now which was the highest for this kit.

Probably plenty force. I have a DD2 and run it about 14.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Probably plenty force. I have a DD2 and run it about 14.

Do you know anything about the pedals? I feel like the Load Cell kit is valuable not sure about the other features. The V3 pedals have adjustable everything it seems.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you know anything about the pedals? I feel like the Load Cell kit is valuable not sure about the other features. The V3 pedals have adjustable everything it seems.

That's what I have. I'd also spend the $30 for the performance kit and put in the stiffest combo

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I’m running inverted V3s with damper kit and the performance brake kit. I think mine are set to almost the hardest setting.

Definitely don’t skimp out on the brake kit…I just wish it was easier to swap out to change the feel. Damper kit? Eh, it’s alright. Oh, and I don’t think the vibration motors are anything special…they really are too small to be effective. They need to be bigger like the transducers on the Simagic pedals are.

I’d recommend skipping the CSLs with load cells and going with the V3s. They are pretty decent pedals and are good enough to keep around as you eventually upgrade your setup.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’m running inverted V3s with damper kit and the performance brake kit. I think mine are set to almost the hardest setting.

Definitely don’t skimp out on the brake kit…I just wish it was easier to swap out to change the feel. Damper kit? Eh, it’s alright. Oh, and I don’t think the vibration motors are anything special…they really are too small to be effective. They need to be bigger like the transducers on the Simagic pedals are.

I’d recommend skipping the CSLs with load cells and going with the V3s. They are pretty decent pedals and are good enough to keep around as you eventually upgrade your setup.

I almost swapped my V3s for some inverted V3s, but I tried them and didn't like how much bigger the packaging was.

nitrojunk

Established Member
FOR Consoles - Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Comp are the best feeling games on wheel. I like the Nord Tourist track and that's only available on OG Assetto.

New Forza is good but cars still feel kinda Arcady compared to Assetto ..

Dirt Rally 2.0 is also a great feeling game on wheel

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I got to wait a week for the TR80 to show up. I have 6 tracking numbers though. Do they send these things in multiple packages?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Yeah they have to because they're pretty good sized.

Well I had it sent to my ex's house cause we live about a mile from each other so I guess I'll get to visit her a few times as these come in lol. Wasn't sure if it was going to fit in my Fiesta assuming it cane disassembled, and my Bronco's back window is hit or miss so the tailgate isn't that usable to access the rear. Plus, she works from home so she can sign for it and I won't miss the delivery.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Here's my finished build to this point: TR80 Lite w/fixed rally seat and the Fanatec DD Pro Gran Turismo.

20231123_091749.jpg
20231123_091815.jpg

First off, I have to say that the packaging and instructions of the Trak Racer kits needs some serious revisions. The instructions themselves are okay, but the hardware is mixed up in multiple bags that appear to be organized, but they aren't. They tell you there is some extra hardware, but they don't say that they give you a shit-ton of additional hardware, like double the amount, and none of the bags are labeled. I spent over an hour making sure that I wasn't going to put the wrong hardware in because the instructions are specific, but it would have been good to know that there are only 3 types of bolts in 2 sizes and fasteners are all the same. You can just grab the hardware from any bag basically as long as it is the right size and type. I was stressing about it for no reason.

The quality is top notch though. The parts are all heavy thick steel or aluminum and precision cut and it all fits nearly perfectly together. The whole thing is super sturdy and really heavy, probably 180+lbs maybe? Definitely won't be easy to move alone but absolutely worth it.

One thing I considered was not getting their seat and getting a Sparco or some other brand racing seat which their cheapest can be bought for $450 or so before taxes and shipping. I went with TR's rally seat cause it was a cheaper one and it's not that comfortable. I put a few pillows down and that helped a lot, but I think I'll upgrade to a good racing seat in the future.

All in all, I'm really happy with it and look forward to upgrading it and making adjustments to make it fit better. I do love how you can essentially build it anyway you want. The shifter mount I bought as an accessory to it and I couldn't find the instructions for it so I just built it how I felt would work best and it's completely solid, and if I need I can change it later on.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I almost went with Trak Racer years ago, but at the time there were numerous complaints about the bad packaging resulting in lost/loose hardware and scratched profiles. Seems like they still have work to do…that aside, I’ve heard they are really great products. I think you’ll really like having an extruded aluminum rig - it’s a giant erector set.

I ended up getting an NRG seat which was under $300…not sure if it would be better that the TR seat…not super comfortable, but I bought a small lumbar pillow from Amazon (Olydon Lumbar Support Pillow - on sale now btw for $27) and it helped a lot. Might be a cheap fix.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I almost went with Trak Racer years ago, but at the time there were numerous complaints about the bad packaging resulting in lost/loose hardware and scratched profiles. Seems like they still have work to do…that aside, I’ve heard they are really great products. I think you’ll really like having an extruded aluminum rig - it’s a giant erector set.

I ended up getting an NRG seat which was under $300…not sure if it would be better that the TR seat…not super comfortable, but I bought a small lumbar pillow from Amazon (Olydon Lumbar Support Pillow - on sale now btw for $27) and it helped a lot. Might be a cheap fix.

That would help a lot. It basically just needs more lumbar support to make it comfortable. Also didn't realize the seat slider didn't come with it so I ended up having to make mine fixed for now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Took apart my rig...re-measured everything.. much better result. Amazing when you spend a couple of hours doing something instead of 45 minutes.

Also added the brake performance kit for the Fanatec V3 pedals...HUGE improvement. I used foam board to black out the area above the bottom screens. Then used the Asus bezel free kit to clean up the transitions.

Next step....replacing the steering wheel. The DD2 makes the Formula V2.5 creak and pop under load randomly...it's not the mount, it's the wheel itself. Looking at jumping to a Gomez Hyper P1 or a X-29. The X-29 comes in quite a bit cheaper...and I'm not sure I need another screen for data...but the P1 does have the cool factor. EDIT: A buddy just sent me the LeoXZ XF1 wheel. It comes from the factory to fit a DD2 mount and won't require a USB hub.

Hyper P1:

HYPER_Ascent_Front_NEW_V3_1800x.png

X-29:

X29_front_tilt_NEW_1800x.png

XF1:

LeoXZXF1Pro_1024x1024@2x.jpg

1701098295727.png

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Yeah the perf brake kit is a huge improvement and should come with the pedals imo.

I messed around with a Gomez at my local Microcenter…seems like a really high quality piece.

Do you have the Podium shift kit on your v2.5? I’m not sure how a true race car floppy paddle feels, but I still think these feel the best and miss the positive click on my Simagic wheel, and even Gomez and Cube Controls I’ve briefly tried.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah the perf brake kit is a huge improvement and should come with the pedals imo.

I messed around with a Gomez at my local Microcenter…seems like a really high quality piece.

Do you have the Podium shift kit on your v2.5? I’m not sure how a true race car floppy paddle feels, but I still think these feel the best and miss the positive click on my Simagic wheel, and even Gomez and Cube Controls I’ve briefly tried.

No, just the standard shift paddles.

I went ahead and ordered the Leoxz XF1 Pro. We'll see how it goes!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Took a little of work to get the wheel to work right. It wouldn't connect to my sim rig for whatever reason. I read up on some other forums and such, and saw a suggestion to try another computer. I took it to work with me yesterday, got it to connect right away. I updated the firmware in the wheel to the latest version, and then went home last night to do a clean reinstall of SimHub and SimBridge. Works like a charm!

It plugs directly into the Fanatec DD2 QR1, and then connects via USB. The customer support from Leoxz was phenomenal and they were very quick to reply to questions. I did have to figure out how to turn off the "High Torque" warning on the wheelbase, since the buttons on the wheel won't work with the wheelbase...for future reference, if you hold the wheel at 90 degrees to the right for 5 seconds, it turns off.

Awesome product. Grips are solid, aluminum base is amazing. The only thing I would change is the grip stance be about 10-20mm wider overall, and the grips be just a tad thicker. The display operates at 60fps through SimHub and is completely customizable.

1702475692531.png

Users who are viewing this thread