anyone hava a bad experience with LFP?

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Just wondering how everyone elses experience was with lightningforce performance. Mine was less than great....

TheHylandr

wuzzzzzzzzup?
Established Member
I had a fantastic experience with Mark and LFP. Bought many things from him and can't say enough good stuff about him!!! Great prices & a great guy!!!

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Let me clarify my post....

I AM getting the products I ordered and Mark seems ok, but after about 3 weeks of delays to get pulley/idler/belt, it just shipped yesterday. First it was the idler he was having trouble getting, which I understood. Then he spent a week trying to find the wrong size belt for the application. Then it was supposed to ship last Friday, but it shipped yesterday because he didn't have the bolts to bolt-on the pulley to the hub. I mean it isnt the end of the world, but I asked him if I could pay a little extra to have it 2nd day delivery (which I would think HE would want to do to keep a customer) but he just shipped it regular UPS ground. I am just wondering if anyone else experienced delays, and I was patient with him. I personally wont be using him again for parts. There are too many other vendors out there. I just believe in doing a little something extra to make up for customers inconvenience....

oh yeah...and my credit card was charged on 8/6

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
well... Mark (the owner of LFP) Ripped off Dana for about $120... and has never paid him back...

I have also dropped "Lightning Force Performance" as one of my distributors because of several over due invoices (90days) and a few other reasons...

But I doubt anybody cares about this...but this is all part of the fun of doing business

*edit* I should add that LFP has paid all outstanding invoices

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I bought my LFP heat exchanger from mark, talked to him on the phone, good service, good product. My heat exchanger was shipped in a timely matter as well.. Would do business again

lwantSonicBlue

I heard he was cool and here in TX so I gave him a shot and I had one problem with 1 silly spark plug. I order 8 denso it22 plugs and I received 7 IT22 and 1 IT24 that was in the wrong box. I couldn't believe it so I called him and he said, No problem, I don't know how it happend but just send me an email and I will send it out on monday." Well after many calls and 4 emails later I still have nothing. Last time I left a message and said I can have my sister pick it up in Houston if he does not have time to send it. He did not return my call, so I sent an email and no response to that either.:nonono:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
I have never had a problem. Spoke directly to Mark and ordered my Denso IT-20's for my Lightning from him. Came in two days later.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Other than slow call backs, I have had no problem. He did call me back but just not as fast as I would have liked..

Eric

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Originally posted by impulsive1
Just wondering how everyone elses experience was with lightningforce performance. Mine was less than great....

Since you asked, I'll give you the condensed version:

I purchased over $1100 worth of parts from LFP.
Had a problem with a pulley. I asked for either an exchange or refund. He agreed. Since he could not replace the pulley with a similar one of a different manufacturer, I opted for the refund.

That was July 2003. I am still waiting for my refund, even though he has the pulley. (I have a signed receipt for it).

Plus the return shipping charges for the wrong X-pipe he sent to me. He said I would be reimbursed. Still waiting on that too.

Dozens of e-mails and numerous phone calls with zero response.

Others are still waiting also.

After spending many, many thousands of dollars on mods on my car, he is the only vendor I have had any type of problem with.

Your decision, but price is not always everything.

Dana

JasonHogan

Established Member
I have had nothing but good dealings with LFP. I have orderd lots of stuff from him and goten it in a timely fashion and at a great Prices. Very Nice guy also.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
I wish I would've seen this thread before yesterday. I ordered a 2# lower pulley kit from LFP yesterday and asked to have it next day aired. I ordered it at 10 am and the gentleman I talked to on the phone said that it was before 1 pm so he could have the pulley to me tomorrow. It's now 3 pm and I haven't seen a UPS truck. If I get the pulley tomorrow, no biggy. I just need it by this Friday and if I don't get it I'll be a little miffed. I'm certainly not going to pay next day air charges for something delivered a week later. Anyway, I ordered from LFP because of their great price ($299 w/tools, belt, and idler). Hopefully I get what I ordered this week. If I do, I would say great customer service. The guy I spoke to on the phone was helpful and nice. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I've ordered from them twice, a shifter first & then my 02 extensions. I had no problems & would probably deal with LFP again.

03mineralg

Established Member
I wouldn't buy anything from a business that cant answer an email or return a phone call about a refund. One year and still waiting? Theres no excuse for screwing even one person over no matter how many people say they had no problems.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by 03mineralg
I wouldn't buy anything from a business that cant answer an email or return a phone call about a refund. One year and still waiting? Theres no excuse for screwing even one person over no matter how many people say they had no problems.

True that..I have had 2 transactions with LFP, both were fine, no problems. However, its how a vendor handles customer issues that counts, not the number of good experiences. I will not order from LFP again till this matter has been resolved to Dana's satisfaction. Then and maybe then will I conduct future business with LFP.

Users who are viewing this thread