ANyone have a Throttle Body Spacer??

sonic232stang

SVT Poster
Established Member
My cousin has a 01 Lightning and he was wondering if anyone has one. He has tried to look for one and hasn't been able to find one. Do they even make them for lightnings, and are they even worth it to buy??

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

CYA-LS1

F'n sexy
Established Member
I had one on my 2003 f-150. I likes it, and it helped out a little. I have not seen one for the L. If they make one i want one also.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It won't gain you anything. The only spacers are Blower spacer or a phenolic plenum spacer, they will help.

The only TB spacer that will gain you anything is one of these---

27831-549-6996.jpg

Then again, you'll need to plumb some NO2 to it to see any gains.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
T/B spacers, Tornadoes and the like are all gimmicks and won't net you any gains in performance. One used under a carb or a t/b injected application would increase torque some but other than that nada.

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
It won't gain you anything. The only spacers are Blower spacer or a phenolic plenum spacer, they will help.

The only TB spacer that will gain you anything is one of these---

27831-549-6996.jpg

Then again, you'll need to plumb some NO2 to it to see any gains.
Sal at PSP will say differently. A while back on another forum he did a post where he had done back to back dyno runs with a NO2 plate like the one you have. He picked up gains with the plate than with out it(without using NO2 of course ;-) ).

Chuck Norris

Established Member
how about one that will go under the plenum to raise it and the TB up a little. Not really looking for performance, I just want it to line up with my JLP thunderpipe so I can install it.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Big Man said:
Sal at PSP will say differently. A while back on another forum he did a post where he had done back to back dyno runs with a NO2 plate like the one you have. He picked up gains with the plate than with out it(without using NO2 of course ;-) ).

I doubt it.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member

I'D WIN

Established Member
Big Man said:

Definitely not...

Users who are viewing this thread