Anyone have a ZR2 Silverado?

Morgan

Established Member
New Tundra is a pile of dog shit by all accounts.
So status quo?

I kid. I know almost nothing about the Tundras. Just seeing more new ones running around, and presumed there may be a good reason.

Wasn’t Toyota in the headlines recently for pushing back against the EV movement? Would be a reason to support them.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Or maybe high crank case pressures?

The new high end Silverados look nice, and cool. I do like the interiors design better than a F-series. In my opinion for the money a F150 Lariat Tremor package is a more capable pick up truck.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That is usually caused misalignment of front timing cover when bolting it on… but that shit shouldn’t be happening at the factory.

I remember that was a thing with LS's waaaay back when. Suppose could be the same issue.

Damn. I want to like that motor!

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is usually caused misalignment of front timing cover when bolting it on… but that shit shouldn’t be happening at the factory.
This is how the seal is provided. There are 2 dowel pins that line up this cover so that it is pretty much impossible to have a misalignment.

1690494510522.png

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn’t Toyota in the headlines recently for pushing back against the EV movement? Would be a reason to support them.
I find that funny though.
A LOT of their vehicles are hybrids. I think some of their Tundras are hybrids as well. (Actually, I know that they are.)

Check out the Youtube videos on the new Tundra. Very mixed reviews. Not a lot of good ones.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
ZR2 is pretty slick looking and the new interiors are finally nice. I would go for the Denali Ultimate but I like farty trucks.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
ZR2 is pretty slick looking and the new interiors are finally nice. I would go for the Denali Ultimate but I like farty trucks.

The 2500 Denali Ultimate is AMAZING. Too much truck for me tho.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 6.2l silverado for over a year. Plan was to build the suspension up to at least 2.5s/leafs bumps etc.
Really enjoyed the power/transmission. Better shifting than the ford tuning imo.

Sold it only due to trade in price:50k when I bought it for 53k and after thinking over the cost for suspension it would be smarter to get another raptor.

The zr2 is nice but for the price I think they missed the boat by not going 35s and a tad more high speed off-road suspension design.

Drive the 6.2l, ford 5.0 and a 5.7 hemi with 3.92. The 6.2l> any other na 1500 engine.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
You didnt like the multimatic set up? I had this on Colorado and was very impressed with it.

Should of clarified. I got the rst with the bouncy rancho shocks. At the time of purchase the zr2 around here were 5-10k over. So decided to go the cheaper route for a silverado with a 6.2l.

I think the multimatic suspension is actually nice. Just wanted chevy to jump in the offroad battle between the raptor and trx

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Should of clarified. I got the rst with the bouncy rancho shocks. At the time of purchase the zr2 around here were 5-10k over. So decided to go the cheaper route for a silverado with a 6.2l.

I think the multimatic suspension is actually nice. Just wanted chevy to jump in the offroad battle between the raptor and trx
Interesting... Are Rancho shocks known to be bouncy? I noticed my rear end feels like it skips around a lot when going around a corner and hitting small bumps.

venmos1

Established Member

look at paxpower.com. their "answer" to trx and raptor. can the stock 10sp handle the bump in hp? they say pkg gives 650hp 650tq. stock gearing

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting... Are Rancho shocks known to be bouncy? I noticed my rear end feels like it skips around a lot when going around a corner and hitting small bumps.

Probably the POS leaf springs.

Factory Ranchos are not that great and are tuned pretty soft. A set of 5X white body aftermarket Rancho are $200 and make a big difference. I have the adjustable 7-series on my 2500HD and it was a big improvement. Those run about $90ea.

Bilstein 5100 are popular but are very very stiff. I think they are $140/ea typically.

A big change everyone cites is going to a deavers rear spring. Better made and better performance with weight savings. They run around $1500 anymore.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I seen the ZR2 in my town again this morning.
I think it's the North Sky Blue Metallic color. Wow, what a beauty! Great looking truck. Very aggressive from the front view.

Users who are viewing this thread