Anyone have a ZR2 Silverado?

andymarkv

Established Member
It will get a 2inch level, hopefully it will fit 35s without rubbing.
NICE!! Can't wait to see it! Are you getting wheels too?
I usually run BORA wheel spacers with stock wheels to put the offset were I like it. But to fit the 35's...will you need to stay stock offset for clearance?

Does this truck have the Borla exhaust? I saw a bunch written about it when the truck was released, but have never seen one come with it.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/0...-be-available-with-borla-performance-exhaust/

venmos1

Established Member
very nice @Klaus . does it come with cylinder deactivation, auto start/stop or any other nannies? if so can you tune them out?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
very nice @Klaus . does it come with cylinder deactivation, auto start/stop or any other nannies? if so can you tune them out?
That used to be easy, cheap to tune out on Gen IV’s etc… think it took 2 credits in HPTuners…(50ish bucks a credit) Now you probably need 6 credits on the new ****ing late model shit and TCM unlock… ****ing PITA if you DIY. I’d probably just have a tuner do that shit.

venmos1

Established Member
That used to be easy, cheap to tune out on Gen IV’s etc… think it took 2 credits in HPTuners…(50ish bucks a credit) Now you probably need 6 credits on the new ****ing late model shit and TCM unlock… ****ing PITA if you DIY. I’d probably just have a tuner do that shit.
if im dropping over 90k (or really if i were to buy any new truck) on a truck i want its full potential without gay stock programming, auto start stop etc. so i would def tune it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

I'm not sure if Range has anything out for the refreshed 22+ trucks, but that was a popular way of turning off the cylinder deactivation without running the truck in L9.
But, trucks still had failures running the range from the beginning at least in the 19-22 models with the same L86/L87 engines.

Like @03Sssnake posted, it used to be easy to tune till Chevy locked the ecu and it costs quite a bit to get the credits, let alone the actual tune for the truck.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm not sure if Range has anything out for the refreshed 22+ trucks, but that was a popular way of turning off the cylinder deactivation without running the truck in L9.
But, trucks still had failures running the range from the beginning at least in the 19-22 models with the same L86/L87 engines.

Like @03Sssnake posted, it used to be easy to tune till Chevy locked the ecu and it costs quite a bit to get the credits, let alone the actual tune for the truck.
Yup, 200-300 for TCM unlock(ecu) another 300 in credits… then probably 5-600 at least for the tune… I would still do it, its just gotten so pricey these past few years, but then again everything has. LOL I tend to think in terms of what I could get firearm wise for this kinda money, that’s a nice AR build, I would treat my self to some aero precision parts, gisele trigger etc..

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
PXL_20230805_210120465.jpg

From a $10k over sticker mark up with bed spray, tint, wheels and tires (removed) at $67k to the dealer practically begging me to buy it by knocking $11k off the $57k MSRP. They would do $46k+ tax/title.

I'm like... I don't want a red truck.

Tempting though...

5.3 4WD RST

Users who are viewing this thread