Anyone Have Any Tips About Fog Light Covers / Delete Kits? Drag Reduction

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Looking to do this possibly, both for style reasons, but also for aero reasons. Those fog lights look like a big drag on the car. I would be happy with a clear cover, as long as it doesn't have heat issues, or do LED bulbs run cooler, and just swap to them?

If no one makes a clear cover, I'd be just as happy with an opaque one, the same color as the body, and just not turn on the fog lights, to keep the cover from melting. I picture a plug or cap that gets 3M taped, or something like that, to make a nice smooth transition to the front end, and help reduce drag. I would want to do this without having to take the fog lights out, or touch anything under the car to install these covers, if possible, and be somewhat easy to swap on and off.

I'd really like to see if there's an improvement in drag reduction. This is the most aero-dynamically built car I've ever owned. At 80mph, is where I really notice how this car slips through the air. At higher speeds, the car just cuts through the air, compared to other cars I've had, effortlessly. Even in 5th, the car pulls well at speed.

You can tell they put some thought into this car aero-wise. The door handles are smooth, the mirrors, tightly fitting windows, no exposed moldings, heat extractor hood (but also moves a lot of air at speed, reducing lift), wipers, rear Gurney flap, rear diffuser, nice low lip on the front end... The only big glaring mistake are the fog lights.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread