Anyone have cam before/after #s?

SS EATR

Established Member
Anyone have any before and after cam setup results? I have to pull the engine to replace a headgasket so I'm going to do cams then as well. Plan on just doing the custom Bullet cams from Lethal and am just curious what kind of gains everyone who has done them has seen. Stock bottom end and a VMP blower.

s351

Established Member
I have a turbo car, but I went from 700rwhp to 800rwhp, I changed the cams and 4" downpipe to 3" catback.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Not apples to apples comparison, but I went from 694 hp to 785 hp just adding cams and compression. Same boost and blower combo.

You need to degree the cams if your looking for maximum gain. You can clearly see the power under the curve between stock and aftermarket cams on my graph.

20180830_212830_zps9eklfjks.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
I would say search as this has been talked about many times over the past 15 years but so many old threads have lost their data. Most people see well less than 50rwhp on a cam only swap on a PD blower car. Remember this is not a turbo car or N/A car so we don't see the same gains they see as our blowers are still moving the same amount of air just more efficiently. That being said I would for sure do them if you are taking the heads off. Make sure you degree them as most of the gains come from that.

GodStang

Established Member
Not apples to apples comparison, but I went from 694 hp to 785 hp just adding cams and compression. Same boost and blower combo.

You need to degree the cams if your looking for maximum gain. You can clearly see the power under the curve between stock and aftermarket cams on my graph.

View attachment 1520835

Looks like boost changed also but that could be from added compression. Not knowing the new compression all of your gains could in theory be from just the compression bump.

Users who are viewing this thread