Anyone have collector car insurance on a Cobra?

cubes

Established Member
I only heard about Grundy. Anyone use others? What are the restrictions on use? I know the car must be garaged and that you must have an everyday vehicle.

95rcobra

I have Grundy for my 03 Cobra because they were the only car collector insurance company that would cover a 2003 Cobra. I use to have Parish Heacock for my 95R but they would not let me put the 03 on the policy so I dropped them. In the other insurance post someone said that Grundy stopped writing policies for 03 Cobras on 1/1/03. I just got my 03 at the end of Jan. and got my insurance on the 03 at the beginning of Feb. But I have the 2 cobras on the policy plus 3 other everyday vehicles so I think that helped when the underwriters reviewed my application. you need to be 25 or over with Grundy to get the insurance. I believe you need a clean driving record but not too sure about that. the car must be garaged and you must show what other vehicles you have for everyday driving. There are no mileage limitations or deductables on Grundy's policies. I found the application very simple and I was accepted very quickly. If it was not for Grundy I would not have bought the 03. my regular insurance AIG wanted $2800 a year in this BS state of NJ. I did not want to pay that much. I have the policy with Grundy now and it costs me $490 a year. Thanks Grundy.

Later, 95rcobra.

cubes

Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
I have www.ParishHeacock.com ....they insured my 03 Cobra with no problem. Of course I have 3 other musclecars insured with them also. That probably helps.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Thanks for the heads up Harry. Jersey insurance sucks. How much is the Cobra quote? I didn't see the mile limit, are there any hidden restrictions not listed on the website?

Gumball

Established Member
I can write Haggerty and last I checked (quite some time ago) they were not interested in newer cars (at least here in CT), Closest they would come is limited number 80's cars like GN's. Even then they only wanted original owner, low mile, pleasure use cars.

Most of these specialty car insurers are very small companies, relatively speaking. Given that, I think agents have some leeway in getting a good client insured with them. However, that also means these companies will pull an agents binding authority mucho quick if they think some one is screwing around

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Collector Insurance

Highly recommend you check The SCOA website (www.scoa.org) under the vendors tab is an application for Parish insurance. I believe this is a different ins. co. than the Parish-haggerty talked about above. The limitation to their ins. is limited drivabilty (limited to 5 thousand miles/yr.). They have been insuring new cobras for a long time. Their telephone number is 1-800-274-1804

Last edited:

95rcobra

I had Parish Heacock collector car insurance on my Stangs since 1993. I just dropped them last month when I got the 03. they have mileage limitations on their policies but you did have a choice of miles to use. I am not exactly sure but they were 500, 1000, 1500, 3000, and 5000 miles. I had a 3000 mile policy on my 95R and I was paying 676 a year for the agreed value policy. I have grundy now and pay 982 for the 95R and 2003 Cobra with the same agreed value and no mileage limitations. It was a better deal that I had to jump on. Parish was very good to me for 10 years and I had no complaints with them.

Later, 95rcobra.

95rcobra

Also, Parish insurance is now called Parish Heacock insurance. they are the same company. I have been a member of the SCOA since its beginnings in 1993 and that is where I found out about Parish.

Later, 95rcobra.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I just received an e-mail from Parish Heacock insurance and they will not insure the 03 Cobra unless you also have a collectible vehicle at least 15 years old and also insure that with them. Another one to cross off the list.

Users who are viewing this thread