anyone have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I have the 285 40 17 on the rear and the 255 45 17 for the fronts and they ride alot quieter and smoother than my stock tires.I also got a killer deal at discount tire,it definitely helps to know the right people ;-)

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
I've got the GS-D3 275's all around - really like them. Hook a little better than stock F1's, don't appear to be wearing as quickly and they are great in the rain. I paid 185 a tire and would buy them again (though I might go up to 285's in the back)
Cheers,
Pete

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Just started running 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 GS-D3 rears on Thursday. Unfortunately, I got caught in some rain already and got to test them.....very impressed. They are absolutely wonderful compared to the stock F1's. Look better, handle better, and wet traction is great. Best tire I've owned for all-around high performance. GET THEM!!!!!!!!!

mosconiac

Established Member
Torch Red 10th: Did you throw the 315's on the stock 10th anniversary rims? If so, how do the sidewalls look?

FLBuckeye

Established Member
So what's the better lookin' tire for the rears with stock rims ?
Eagle F1 GS D3's 285 40 17 or 315 35's ??!!
And are the oversize tires rubbin on a bolt when lifted ??
Any help...appreciated before I buy some this month.
Thanks

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I don't think there is any way to run the GS-D3 315/35/17 on the stock rim safely. It's recommended for a 11-12 inch rim as it is. Mine are on Chrome AFS 10.5's. There is NO WAY to fit AFS 10.5's and GS-D3 315/35/17's without modding something.

I am trying the H&R 1" hubcentric spacer. I got them from Livermoreperformance in California. They are made in Germany and are ISO and TUV certified. I talked to one of the owners who was very cool and into Mustangs. We talked for at least 30+ minutes. I had some concerns about the spacers, but they have run them on a modified '95 Cobra R at Laguna Seca on many occasions with no problems. My car will doubtfully ever have to withstand those kind of conditions, so I decided to try them. They bolt right on, come with EVERYTHING needed for installation and need NO other mods. They clear the driver's side IRS bolt head by about 1/2". They come out flush with the fender and look exactly like the front setup. Also, they will not hit the fender edge. As the rear spring is compressed and the tire goes up towards the fender, the top tilts in slightly and gives just enough clearance at the fender edge. If it was slammed, it may rub.

Personally, if you want to run GS-D3 315/35/17's on AFS 10.5's, this is the only way to go!

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by Torch Red 10th
I don't think there is any way to run the GS-D3 315/35/17 on the stock rim safely. It's recommended for a 11-12 inch rim as it is. Mine are on Chrome AFS 10.5's. There is NO WAY to fit AFS 10.5's and GS-D3 315/35/17's without modding something.

I am trying the H&R 1" hubcentric spacer. I got them from Livermoreperformance in California. They are made in Germany and are ISO and TUV certified. I talked to one of the owners who was very cool and into Mustangs. We talked for at least 30+ minutes. I had some concerns about the spacers, but they have run them on a modified '95 Cobra R at Laguna Seca on many occasions with no problems. My car will doubtfully ever have to withstand those kind of conditions, so I decided to try them. They bolt right on, come with EVERYTHING needed for installation and need NO other mods. They clear the driver's side IRS bolt head by about 1/2". They come out flush with the fender and look exactly like the front setup. Also, they will not hit the fender edge. As the rear spring is compressed and the tire goes up towards the fender, the top tilts in slightly and gives just enough clearance at the fender edge. If it was slammed, it may rub.

Personally, if you want to run GS-D3 315/35/17's on AFS 10.5's, this is the only way to go!

Torch Red 10th - that's great info, do have the part # for the spacers that you are using?

- Thanks -

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Here is their site at the Mustang Wheel spacer page: Livermore Performance. Also the part # I used is 5065705. They will work with stock rims and AFS wheels for sure.

On a side note, I hit 120MPH today with the spacers on and had no vibrations or ill affects. Though having good balancing done on the AFS rims and GS-D3's probably didn't hurt either!

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Here is their site at the Mustang Wheel spacer page: Livermore Performance. Also the part # I used is 5065705. They will work with stock rims and AFS wheels for sure.

On a side note, I hit 120MPH today with the spacers on and had no vibrations or ill affects. Though having good balancing done on the AFS rims and GS-D3's probably didn't hurt either!

Thanks for the info :beer:

Ron

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
So what would be better... Nitto 555 DR's or the GS-D3's? Also will 315/35/17 Nitto's fit on stock rims?

-- Jaret

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
You can put the 315 Nitto DR's on the stock rims (I did, for awhile) but the sidewall bulges and getting the contact patch requires a very low tire pressure.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
The tires have a sidewall stiffener that doesn't function properly when the sidewall bulges out from the rim. The safe thing is to buy a set of wheels recommended for the tire you want to run.

The tire manufacturer's will tell you (most on a web site) which size wheel they recommend for a given tire. They have engineers for that stuff. I'm not saying they're infallible, just experienced...

SnakeR

Established Member

That part # for the 25mm spacers clears the stock wheel lugs no problem?

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I posted the pics of the wheels and tires mounted OFF the car a few weeks ago and I can't post the pics again and I don't know which thread they're in anymore. I took some pics of the wheels and tires on the car today. I'll post them within the hour......I hope.

If you want just wheel and tire pics off the car, PM me w/ your e-mail addy and I'll send them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread