Anyone have N/A dyno numbers for 99-04 2V Long Tube headers?

bobby_0081

Established Member
I am looking for a set of Long Tube headers for my 2002 GT. I am wondering what kind of power gains can be expected over my BBK equal length ceramic shorty headers I have now. I am leaning toward buying the kooks but then I would want to wrap them because they are not coated. I am wanting to stay away from the BBK full length because of fitment issues and some other things I have seen on the net about them. The stainless works seem nice but for the same prices as the Kooks they don't appear to equal length or tuned.

Last edited:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
trust me on this..... pace setter painted long tubes and wrap them.... $250.... fit amazing. (have installed 20 sets) and make within a hp or two of much higher brands...

bobby_0081

Established Member
I am not worried about the total HP gain but more the gain throughout the whole range. I am also buying a forged stroker short block to go with my TFS heads and cams that I already have. After a trip to the dyno yesterday and installing my new injectors I am close to pegging my MAF too. The car runs much better with the new injectors and not just at WOT but also while driving it normally. I am also sure it may get me a little more than 10hp when I get up in the 375-400RWHP range. I may be wrong. Does anyone have before and after dyno numbers for their long tubes?

bobby_0081

Established Member
I bought the BBK ceramic and installed them. The install was a pain in the rear but I took my time and didn't rush it. I am happy with the fit and finish and they certainly made my car sound a lot different. I also got the matching catted x pipe and with it all bolted together my only complaint is that it is longer than the shorty's and catted x-pipe and was a pain to get the flow tubes on to the back of the x-pipe. I would guesstimate it is 1 to 1 1/2 inches longer to the rear of the new x-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread