Anyone have popping under car?

gizz8699

Established Member
I have a 2008 GT500 I have had Eibach prokit springs and steeda upper and lower control arms installed and have had some popping up under the car now for sometime and I took to Ford dealer and they had the car for a week and said that they thought it was the springs has anyone here had any problems with this. Should Ford not be responsible for fixing this I feel i am getting jerked around.

Leonard 95

Established Member
What kind of popping, coming from front or back, over bumps or swaying back and forth? I do alot of front end work at ford, the way I look at it, once you lower it, you come in for a popping noise in susp, it's customer pay. If it was a strut plate popping which is common, different story.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Is it popping when you turn; like the steering rack is in a bind? Offset rack bushings? struts bottoming out over bumps? Need more info.

gizz8699

Established Member
What kind of popping, coming from front or back, over bumps or swaying back and forth? I do alot of front end work at ford, the way I look at it, once you lower it, you come in for a popping noise in susp, it's customer pay. If it was a strut plate popping which is common, different story.
Leonard Its coming from front and back just from driving through a parking lot with no bumps or anything Ford does not know they keep telling me its the springs. Thanks for any help.

gizz8699

Established Member
Is it popping when you turn; like the steering rack is in a bind? Offset rack bushings? struts bottoming out over bumps? Need more info.
Doesn't matter if your turning or going straight its like something is loose under car in the back and front. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Does it almost sound like the spring is moving around in the perch? I have eibach prokit springs on my 99 and it does the same thing, i've had it looked at twice and nobody could find anything

Leonard 95

Established Member
Leonard Its coming from front and back just from driving through a parking lot with no bumps or anything Ford does not know they keep telling me its the springs. Thanks for any help.

I just installed my springs today, really not much to go wrong with the install. A few possible things are they didn't tighten stabalizer links since you have to have those off. They could of maybe not lined up the spring right on the strut plate or strut. Really, the one thing that is gonna make the most noise is stabalizer link especially if they aren't tight. Stabailzer links will make a rattle noise over the slightest bumps or changes in road, or rocking side to side.

harley99fb

Established Member
I have a 2008 GT500 I have had Eibach prokit springs and steeda upper and lower control arms installed and have had some popping up under the car now for sometime and I took to Ford dealer and they had the car for a week and said that they thought it was the springs has anyone here had any problems with this. Should Ford not be responsible for fixing this I feel i am getting jerked around.

Try tightening the lower control arm bolts. Mine front ones seem to want to work loose after awhile and when it does I get a popping sound usually noticable when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

Cal

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Leonard 95;6596444 Really said:
My front link needed to be re tightened because it started rattling. Hope that is all it is.
I would think your dealer would have checked them though.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread