Anyone have vids of cobra vs supra?

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by electrikoptik
Instant torque is great for everyday drivebility and only matters in 1st gear anyhow. Once those turbos spool up, bye bye cobra.

'only matters in first gear'

:??:

you clearly arn't speaking from experience

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
you clearly arn't speaking from experience
EXACTLY. . .thank you jrh.

electrikoptic - what are you talking about???? Since the single turbo supra's run such big turbo's they have something called TURBO LAG, that means that if they start out at 3,000 or so RPM'S it may take them until 5500rpm's to spool the turbo. AND THAT HAPPENS IN EVERY GEAR.

Listen. . .I have raced a couple supras. . .one of them was probably making more then 100rwhp then me. . .but because of my instant torque/power (we started at 40mph in SECOND gear) it took him until 120mph to catch me, then when we let off around 140mph he was not even that far a head. And I had a much heavier car that was way down on power.

Read my first post, the supra needs more HP to overcome an 03 cobra. But since the supra is a very well built car, they can make a lot of HP to do that. But if they come up against a cobra making the same power, they will have a hard time catching it.

I don't understand, has that stupid fast and furious movie really corrupted this many people?? How can some people be this ignorant.

Speed_Demon1965

Established Member
I will admit, the Supra is a sick ass car for an inline 6. But, it too, has it's disadvantages.

JKD COBRA, that dumbass movie has corrupted many people. It has turned clueless people into people who are ignorant and only think they know what they're talking about.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
When I get my motor and trans in this week, im changing my lisence plate to "FU SUPRA"

I have a buddy that has a single T-76 supra that beats up on everyone. I cant wait to get a piece of him when i get my motor broken in.

-Homer

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
that's because all supras want to run from a high MPH roll.

i have a 3-way video of me beating an 11-sec T/A and a T88 MK4 supra from a dig. :)

if someone wants to host it shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Sorry guys, I was replying to if a 450rwhp cobra vs a 450rwhp Supra. That's why I said turbos, cause a 450rwhp Supra is likely still BPU and running on the stock twins, and if it hasn't been converted to TTC mode the turbos spool up pretty decent.

Last edited:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Instant torque is great for everyday drivebility and only matters in 1st gear anyhow. Once those turbos spool up, bye bye cobra.

I admit, that was pretty ignorant of me, sorry guys. But what I ment was let's say your racing a monster single turbo Supra from light to light. Even light to light sould be no contest, once that Supra gets spooled up and into second the show's over. Low end torque is great for drivability, but if your racing from a stop, then it only matters in 1st gear anyway, hit second and that hellcious top end will take almost anything on the street.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
eletrickoptic - no problem man, sorry if I jumped all over you, my fault.

But, your still underestimating the 03cobra. Remember, it took that single turbo supra from 40-120mph to catch me. . .and I am not even at 500rwhp yet. . . so from stop light to stop light, he would have no chance. . .and I am only running 14psi with the eaton blower. If I had a KB blower at 20psi, I would instantly jump out on him because of the instant boost, but he would not be able to catch up.

You really wouldn't know unless you raced an 03cobra or drove one. Torque wins races, not HP. I used to think people that said that were old muscle car guys that were outdated. But its true, because of the instant boost on the eaton/KB blower, I can race against turbo (import) cars making more power then me.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
There was a big controversy over that video. The supra guy said he didnt hear the horn honks so he wasn't even racing, but either way. . .he would have lost to that cobra. At the time, that cobra was making about 540rwhp and 660rwtq with a pulley/nitrous. But now, that 03cobra has a KB blower and is making over 600rwhp with NO nitrous.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Aye, and the debate continues, lolz. Both are awesome cars to start with. Really depends on whose tuning and driving them, especially those whose got the cash to lay down. I certainly can't compete with some other Cobras on this forum since my only mod is a FIPK, so far. Definately won't be able to take a upgraded single turbo tuned Supra. I don't think you can judge every Supra and every Cobra by one car. Every car evolves differently in the hands of their owner. Thats' just my .02

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by -Boosted7-
There is none! cobras always raped by supras!

:rollseyes

Yeah, torque is only for driveability and 1st gear. :rolleyes: You're ignorant. Broad torque curves last in every gear for continuous power, where turbos have to spool in every gear. Turbos are more effecient than roots blowers, so they generally make more PEAK horsepower at the same boost levels, but that's where the advantages stop. Every see the dyno sheet of a turbo car?

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
If your racing this 900whp beast then low down torque won't really help you, as soon as it hits second gear it's over.

Skyline R33 GT-R dynograph
GTR900.jpg

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
Aye, and the debate continues, lolz. Both are awesome cars to start with. Really depends on whose tuning and driving them, especially those whose got the cash to lay down. I certainly can't compete with some other Cobras on this forum since my only mod is a FIPK, so far. Definately won't be able to take a upgraded single turbo tuned Supra. I don't think you can judge every Supra and every Cobra by one car. Every car evolves differently in the hands of their owner. Thats' just my .02

Couldn't have said it better my self.

Users who are viewing this thread