Anyone haveor ever used a bowflex?

SilverELEX

Established Member
just wondering if anyone have any experience with this. Just kinda geting sick of the overcrowding at my gym and dont want to have to go at 9pm just to avoid it. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Basically not as good as free weights but still does a decent job. Lets hear the opinions.

ralliart16

Established Member
My friend has one. I looked at it, didn't look like its worth the money IMO. Its hella $. For the price you can subscribe to a gym for like 8 years.

I hate overcrowded gyms too, I just found a new gym that is less populated.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Subscribing.

I'm about to enter the market for a Bowflex or equivalent also. Combined with a decent assortment of dumbbells & a cable machine, I'd happily drop my gym membership.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I have a weider Crossbow. I really don't like it. The weight is unrealistic and very uneven. When benching, for example... it doesn't reach full resistance until my arms are almost fully extended.

It's decent for doing low-weight high-rep workouts, but even then it's nothing spectacular.

FEARED

Established Member
Those OK if you are doing a High Rep workout, and trying to get lean..

I would never get one, ill gladly hit the gym than have one of those in my house.

ModMike1572

Established Member
The Bowflex is geared towards women and older men. The people you see on the bowflex commercials didnt get that way by using that machine. They look like that from years of lifting free weights.
Like musclefan said Free Weights FTW

You can put together a nice little free weights setup in your home for the same price as one of those anyway. Pm me if you want some help

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU USE A BOWFLEX?!!

totalgym1700.jpg

Any real man would use the Total Gym, endorsed by Chuck Norris. That machine kicks so much ass there are no survivors to give a testimonial.

Common

Established Member
The Bowflex is geared towards women and older men. The people you see on the bowflex commercials didnt get that way by using that machine. They look like that from years of lifting free weights.

You can put together a nice little free weights setup in your home for the same price as one of those anyway. Pm me if you want some help

+1

the new bowlex is very expensive. and you need to have them put it together for you, it takes about 6hrs in between two guys.

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member

Paid Body Builders to make your shit look good FTL

Hit a Gym.

Users who are viewing this thread