anyone having superfast vibration at over 85mph?

the ambush

Established Member
i have no vibration in the steering. this vibration comes from the rear or from the whole chassis. it's worse when decelerating.

what can it be? driveshaft, diff, tires...

rmgtc01

Established Member
could be driveshaft not balanced correctly. There was a recall on it for 03's, but not sure in 04.

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
I have the exact same thing.
I tried to bring it into the dealer, but they say they cannot drive the car over 70mph to check this.....so no fix for me.
Therefore, mine still vibrates.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
keep taking it in for the vibe, then after a few attempts, ask someone at the dealer (pref. the sales manager) about a lemon law buyback and who you should speak to. I tried this, and in two days (after six months of trying) they had a Ford driveline engineer down to examine the car. I demoed it for him, and they ordered a halfshaft, driveshaft, some assorted other components, and a balancing kit. Got the car back three days later w/ no vibe!

It was really bad, too. Above 80, and the mirror would shake. Above 100, and the whole rear end was buzzing away.

TDS-03

Established Member
Cant beleive this crap is still going on. I had one of the first round 03's and went thru 3 drive shafts before they got it right. Got the same BS about cant drive over 70. Finally asked to speak with the service manager and took him for a ride. No other advice for you other than to not leave until they provide some service. Have them call SVT, this is a well documented issue.

mj8

Established Member
I brought my 03 about 3 months ago for the vibe. My driveshaft was ok, however, they did replace the rear end assembly. Keep this in mind if it continues to happen.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
mine does when i go over 125....mine DEFF is not the IRS though....hmmm.
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread