Anyone heard / experience with Cquartz???

grobertx

Established Member
I'm scheduled to drop my car off on 5/7 for a full detail and a coating of Cquartz. They are going to do a full wheels off detail then the coating. I've seen nothing but good results online but wondering if any of my Shelby brethren had any 1st hand experience to confirm prior to doing the deed...

I'm hoping for a mirror finish that will be easy to maintain on my garage kept beast (a little help with brake dust removal on the PP wheels would be a bonus) Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
I had mine professionally detailed and then Opti-Guard put on by a local guru last year. He seems to prefer the OG if you are looking for longer term protection. Even since having the car done last June been very careful in my cleaning technique and did a lot of Ultima Waterless Washes (per detailers recommendation). Several months and 4000 miles later my DIB looks flawless and I suspect this OG helps keep the surface shiny and provides some added durability/added protection vs waxing in terms of marring/swirling but as I said you still want to be careful when cleaning.

Here's a link on Autogeek that talks about both products

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz-19.html

Users who are viewing this thread