Anyone here actually work on the development of the Ford GT?

Florida Chris

Established Member
I am wondering if anyone on these boards actually worked for Ford or Ford's suppliers and consultants on the development of the GT. In addition to offering my appreciation and thanks, I'd love to know who you are and what part of the development process you worked on.

Vic

Established Member
There was one poster here, who was on the Petunia team. He got in some hot water for speaking publicly, and has since "clammed up", I think.

Vic

Established Member
b tone, If I may,

What kind of roll over survivability does the GT have?

No, I'm not planning on rolling one, just curious. :-D

Vic

Established Member
ha ha! Always!

I wouldn't track it anyways if I get one, the GT is too precious to me. I'm gonna put it in my garage in a bubble, behind velvet ropes! :)

When I get back on the track, it will be in full roll cage, 6-points, HANS, etc. Thats the only way to do it, imo.

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
b-tone,

You guys not only developed a world-class supercar, you did it in an incredibly short time period, and you did it on a budget.

The Ford GT team's accomplishment is more significant than even the McLaren F1 to me, because it's easy to make the world's best car when there are literally no cost constraints. You guys did it on a budget, and put it on the market at a great price.

(But I do wish there was room for a second duffel bag!)

420_420_gt6.jpg

Last edited:

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
Does anyone have a website that can host a couple of pics from the development days for me? The program is far enough along that it's time to share a little peak.

Thanks.

bpt

Florida Chris

Established Member
b_tone said:
Does anyone have a website that can host a couple of pics from the development days for me? The program is far enough along that it's time to share a little peak.

Thanks.

bpt

I can't wait to see what you post. Must be awesome to be part of the GT's history. Here is the site that I use to host the pics I post:

http://imageshack.us/index.php

:thumbsup:

Vic

Established Member
I think we can host them, too, if you haven't found space already. Either way, please email them to:
[email protected]

b tone, I'd also like to thank you for your efforts on the GT, you are to be commended. Did you work with Neil Hanneman? He used to be with Team Viper before the GT. Serious car guy and track rat, from what I hear.

You should write a book, or do a blog or something! Your experiences would be extremely interesting to any Ford fan.

Last edited:

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
Neil is now over at McLaren working on the SRL project. He raced World Challenge for a while and won many races and as you mentioned he worked on the Viper.

He was our Chief Engineer of the program.

I am working on some suitable pics, I just need to find the other CD's

Users who are viewing this thread