Anyone Here Bartend? How is it?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I am tired of doing the same thing, I've been in sales forever and want to do something more fast paced and exciting. I go out all the time and figured it would be something I'd enjoy. Idk how to start though, it would be a full time thing until im out of school, along with a part time sales job.
I don't care about making a ton of money anymore, I just want something I enjoy, I need to be able to pay my bills though.

What's the best way to get into this? I know I can't start at the top, I was thinking about getting a job at a restaurant and moving from a server to the bar area after a few months (maybe more). Assuming I make descent money as a server.

Or should I just go to some bars in Chicago and see if any of them need a barback? Or something to get me in the door. The city is only about 30 mins from me so it's not a big deal.

How's the money? How's the work? I have no prob working hard I just want to make sure it's something I will enjoy.

Appreciate the feedback :beer:

Josh

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Thanks for the link man, I just read through that lol. Just trying to get some more info.

Appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread