Anyone here ever use a KB boost-a-pump?

Matt95L

Established Member
I'm having some detonation problems during burnouts and i'm pretty sure its a fuel pump issue.I'm either going to use the 2 pump trick(which i already have) or i'm going to buy a BAP.I'd rather use the BAP because i'm planning on deleting my front tank at some point in the future,but i'm having a hard time finding any info on how they work with an n/a setup.Do they cause crossflow/checkvalve issues like bigger intank/inline pumps do?

1STGenBrodix

Established Member
fuel pump

I had the same issue with a fuel pump. Your just waisting your money if you buy a simple in line pump. I have a 93 lightning pushing 556 hp naturally asperated. I tried several things to try to solve my fuel pump problems, while keeping the same sending unit in the fuel tank. What I eventually did and what worked the best was went with a Aeromotive A1000 pump, which is rated well over 600 horsepower for a naturally asperated engine, and up to 600 hp on a forced induction engine. I then went with 10AN braided fuel lines for delivery and 8AN for return (this is rather large) you might want to think about going with smaller lines. I'm a true believer in over doing something rather than have to go back and put new lines in later when I need them. When I did my set up a few years back there where no distributors who manufactured stock fuel line adaptors, so I had to weld my AN connectors for the braided hoses to the fuel lines, which made my setup very unique. But now you dont have to worry about that!!! Either Russel or another company in summit makes these factory type connectors and you can simple just clip them right on to the factory fuel lines that come out of your tank. The great thing about keeping your stock tank with a true racing set up like this is that your gas gauge still works.For wiring in the fuel pump I simply wired it in directly to the wiring harness that connects to the sending unit and in tank pump. This works excellent because when you turn the key on the pump comes on for a couple of seconds and then comes back on once the truck has started. This can cost a little money (about $500) but its truly the best way to go to keep that "stock" appeal. Also whats great about this is once your running under 11.99 you have to have steal braided lines and you'll already meet track requirements

Users who are viewing this thread