Anyone here go karting?

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
Just curious to know if anyone here goes karting: My best friend and I have just recently became obsessed with the sport.

racerbox77

Established Member
I used to have a Yamaha racing cart with a briggs engine that my Dad stroked and ported the head. It went over 80 and I was only 10. Now mmy little bro has one that we have geared way up so he can reach full speed in the driveway. They're sweet and teaches you alot about aggressive driving.

baldNittos04

Established Member
i used to do it all the time
I had a 125 cc shifter with a honda motor making around 35 hp. I think it had a tonykart frame.

Great teaching tool to learn how to roadrace :coolman:

99caddysts

Established Member
I once dreamed of it. Then I realized that i do not have the money to spend on them...

But i would still love to have one.

convert03cobra

Established Member
I did it when I was a kid. Had a B&S alcohol 5HP kart that went about 50. I want to get back into it but don't have any time since I'm going to school full time. I'll get my son into it when he gets a bit older. Who knows, maybe I'll do it too.

yellowbra

Established Member
99caddysts said:
I once dreamed of it. Then I realized that i do not have the money to spend on them...

But i would still love to have one.
I've gone go karting in the little shit ones that just anyone can use but, I've always wanted to either drive one or build one. Too bad my dad didn't teach me shit about cars so i know nothing about building them up.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
we got a place near me where my buddy and i go-kart. its fun as shit. these things hit 45 and the track is pretty good.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
my brother used to run an "open motor" class. Anything goes. One guy had a 5hp briggs and straton block fully built pushing 35hp. A few others would run nitrous on theres. My brothers kart would run about 100mph. I am in the process of looking for a frame, a CR250R dirtbike engine, and all the necessary parts for a shifter kart. Who wouldnt want to do 0-100-0 in under 10 sec :D

Users who are viewing this thread