Anyone here with military background

2004mmmach1

On The Road Course
Established Member
I am 20 years old I want to be cop when i get older and I think the military would help with that. I just turned in my application for the Army but it seems everywhere I go and everyone I talk to try's to talk me out of it. They tell me I'm crazy and stupid and all other types of things, I mean I'm not scared to do it I want to because its out of the ordinary I just want to get a real idea of what its really like living and working for the military. Whether it be Marines, Army, Navy , or Air Force, so does anyone here have gone through it or are still in ? Tell me your experiences, what did you like? what did you hate ? what are the goods and the bads. Please help me out

Marc

Established Member
Quality of life stuff=Air Force. You can be a Security Forces really easily in the AF. But, regardless of what service you choose, you will deploy. If you want to talk in depth, PM me.

I got 26 years in the AF and still going strong.

Rochard

Established Member
Everyone tries to talk you out of it because a lot of people are under the impression that our military is getting killed in combat zones. This really isn't true. Even at the high points of the two wars, US servicemen (and women) didn't die in huge numbers.

Join the military. It's the best thing you can do, and even more so in these uncertain times. No need to worry about a job.

Join the Marines, not the Army. My best friend is former Army. Whenever my buddy and I meet someone knew and we discuss the military, they quickly dismiss his being in the Army as boring and always ask questions about the Marines. It's like comparing a truck driver to an astronaut.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Quality of life stuff=Air Force. You can be a Security Forces really easily in the AF. But, regardless of what service you choose, you will deploy. If you want to talk in depth, PM me.

I got 26 years in the AF and still going strong.
+ 1 for the Airforce -- - Those guys got it made..

But i would say to stay in school and enjoy life..
Let me pull some searches for you. ..

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
You know what the funny thing is - i've been answering questions / offering insight on the military (on this very forum) long enough for someone to:
> receive my advice > join the military > and fulfill their term... :shrug:

Happy reading and good luck :thumbsup:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/301435-military-question.html
[ame="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206643"]Any Marines Here?[/ame]

[ame="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452661"]signing papers to be a marine[/ame]

[ame="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298169"]For those in the service[/ame]

[ame="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450827"]ASVAB test[/ame]

Need Major Help HUGE PROBLEM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/505561-usmc-here-i-come.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3448-serious-thoughts-about-marines-navy.html

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Navy isnt bad and you could go along the lines of a Gunners Mate or Military Police. Enjoyed the last 16 years....for the most part anyhow...

AlanSVT

Established Member
Well being in the military cant hurt you from becoming a cop...

I have been in the military for 7 years and have no plans on leaving.

Air force has it pretty easy.. compared to other branches. I joined the Army to be different both my father and grandfather served and retired in the Air Force.

The not sure about other branches but the army has more people killed from motorcycle wrecks then in combat.

bwd0311

Established Member
ive been marine infantry for the last 6 years well im a pmi right this second but in a couple month i head back to the fleet. anyways there is good and bad as with any job you get however i do have pride in what i do so all in all i wouldnt trade it for some desk job on trade it for any othere branch for that matter. if you dnt wanna fight and your not 100% i wouldnt join the infantry though lots and loits of bullshit head long days at time and when you deploy its usually not a booze cruise but endstate is the choice is yours do what you want in life not what people say. thats not any way to live your life!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Everyone tries to talk you out of it because a lot of people are under the impression that our military is getting killed in combat zones. This really isn't true. Even at the high points of the two wars, US servicemen (and women) didn't die in huge numbers.

Join the military. It's the best thing you can do, and even more so in these uncertain times. No need to worry about a job.

Join the Marines, not the Army. My best friend is former Army. Whenever my buddy and I meet someone knew and we discuss the military, they quickly dismiss his being in the Army as boring and always ask questions about the Marines. It's like comparing a truck driver to an astronaut.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Ignorant post of the year. Maybe if this friend of yours was textiles(laundry service) and he is comparing what he did to Marine MARSOC then maybe that ridiculous comparison could be true.

OP joining the Army was the best decision I have ever made.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
they quickly dismiss his being in the Army as boring and always ask questions about the Marines. It's like comparing a truck driver to an astronaut.
:lol::lol::lol:

- I approve this message.. :coolman:

marines_vs_army.jpg

AlanSVT

Established Member
That picture is sad. But that is most likely a reservist.

Being in the army is one of the best choices I have done.

Lets see here... So far the army pretty much pays me to jump out of planes... Gotta love that.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member

Sounds like your friends are a bunch of ignorant pussies. As well as you for not defending his service. One team one fight. :nonono:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
On that note OP most people i know who are cops say that they dont give preference for military service as they would rather have college, which makes absolutely no sense to me. If you are looking to do MP stuff though, DEF go Air Force S.F. Army MP's and whatever Marine Corps have are the bitches of their respective branches and are only there to cause trouble in the barracks.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
Navy isnt bad and you could go along the lines of a Gunners Mate or Military Police. Enjoyed the last 16 years....for the most part anyhow...

the navy is awful because of two reasons. 1. SHIPS SUCK~! they are horrible shitty things that are like floating prisions.**** SHIPS~! 2. so-called leadership. there are so many terrible leaders in the navy that it makes it hard for the good leaders to make a positive difference. the guys that really care just end up saying **** it because nothing will ever change.

Users who are viewing this thread