Anyone ID these rods?

olympic

Established Member
Just wondering if there's any way to identify the brand of the connecting rods in my engine(built by previous owner). There's no identifying markings that I can see.

20190402_202302.jpg

olympic

Established Member
There's no writing on either side of the beam like the stock Cobra rods have. The engine is completely custom with a Teksid block, Diamond Racing Pistons, etc so nothing is factory anymore.

After some browsing over on Summit Racing to compare pictures, I'm led to beleive these are aftermarket Manley rods. It's just strange there's no brand name or even a part# marked on them.

olympic

Established Member
Thanks for the leads guys. I'll have another close look before buttoning it up. It's not really important because they're obviously descent quality but it would be nice to know the brand.

Built motor with an aftermarket blower and it's not turned up more? Come on man!! ;)

I'm limited by available fuel. e85 doesn't exist in Canada and pump 91 is all we have. That being said though I have a gen 3 2.9 going in with the new build (mainly for the efficiency gains over my gen 1), and I'm aiming to up the boost to around 20psi with help from meth injection and Boostane.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Thanks for the leads guys. I'll have another close look before buttoning it up. It's not really important because they're obviously descent quality but it would be nice to know the brand.

I'm limited by available fuel. e85 doesn't exist in Canada and pump 91 is all we have. That being said though I have a gen 3 2.9 going in with the new build (mainly for the efficiency gains over my gen 1), and I'm aiming to up the boost to around 20psi with help from meth injection and Boostane.

I was just giving you a hard time. Too bad that you dont have e85. Buy drums of ethanol and blend it yourself ;)

Cross427

I know exactly what the rods in question are. They are Manley H beam rods. They were for the Ford GT when they first came out. I work at Mahle and was in the assembly department which ran those parts. They soon went to cheaper rods (the regular production Shelby) which were I beam.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

olympic

Established Member
Thank you so much for the info! That makes sense since I believe the engine was built not long after the 03/04 Cobras were released.

Users who are viewing this thread