anyone in here a cop, i have a question..

blackfox

Established Member
tonight, a bunch of friends and myself were at a bar and grill for all you can eat wings on tuesday nights. my one good friend was wearing his dad's (former cop) shirt. we're about to leave, two cops walk in, ask him to step outside. as the rest of the group leaves a few minutes later, we notice SEVEN cop cars for one kid.:bash: i just found out that he was cuffed and put in the backseat for wearing the shirt, he did nothing wrong. can ANYONE in here explain to me why this is an arrestable offense, #1, and #2 why it takes SEVEN police cars with 1 and 2 cops in each to do so??

it just baffles me.:dw: :bored: :smmon: :bash:

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
I am a cop and without knowing anymore than what you advised, I would have to guess at why he was arrested. Depending on what the shirt had printed on it and what he alledgedly may have said, he may have been arrested for Impersonating a law enforcement officer. I am not sure what state this occurred in and different states have different laws. In my state(NC), someone has to represent themselves as a cop in order to profit or to deliberately mislead someone into doing something against their will. I hope that helps. As for why so many cops....perhaps they were curious to see if they knew your friend or his dad.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
uhhh....read the two stickies at the top, lots of us are "cops"

Was the shirt a uniform shirt? If so it was probably for impersonating a police officer. baaad news.

blackfox

Established Member
alright alright, haha, his dad was a cop in the twp. he was wearing for 20 years, retired now...so if it is his son, is that still impersonation?

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I'm not a cop, but....

It all depends on exactly what the shirt says, but this doesn't sound good. If it says POLCIE, he's pretty much cooked, but hopefully he can plead down from a felony, or get his dad to get him off the hook. :D

--T.J.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I know it can be a big deal if he pretends that he is a cop. I have a "friend" that is a jailor here in a small town and he has the uniform, the badge, the asp the whole bit. We loaded up this girl once and she was asking us if we "smoked" and what not and she proceeded to tell us about her coke and meth problem and my friend turned around with his badge and said he was sorry but he was an undercover cop and he would really like to let her go but he was wearing a wire blah blah blah, nobody has found out about that, but if he would I would think that he would be fired for it. Things like that aren't cool. What was your friends shirt?? Did it have _____ PD on it??

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
Sounds like your jailor friend is a cop wannabe. Most likely he is not a sworn Law Enforcement Officer with powers of arrest. Some jailors wear the uniform, but they do not FILL the uniform.

blackfox

Established Member
his shirt was an actual police officer shirt, like that an officer wears to work, if you will every day. it had the arm badges and all

blackfox

Established Member
ahaah, its not that- he just wears haggard (sp?) clothes alot, like makes his own style, i guess the man did not approve of that particular shirt. hes home now though, no trouble i dont think. i was just curious about the incident

thanks for the info guys, and i mean no disrespect when i say the word "cop". i give all of the blue all of my respect, when i see you guys on the road i go out of my way to GET out of the way, i carry holy cards in my car, for police officers to give to them- mom brought me up religiously, and after college i want to go into the same job, so rock on guys, and be safe.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Wow alot of cops and cop cars for that. Maybe they thought he was Jet Li or something :D

j/k that seems to happen alot in my town though, and its not a small town

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by blackfox
tonight, a bunch of friends and myself were at a bar and grill for all you can eat wings on tuesday nights. my one good friend was wearing his dad's (former cop) shirt. we're about to leave, two cops walk in, ask him to step outside. as the rest of the group leaves a few minutes later, we notice SEVEN cop cars for one kid.:bash: i just found out that he was cuffed and put in the backseat for wearing the shirt, he did nothing wrong. can ANYONE in here explain to me why this is an arrestable offense, #1, and #2 why it takes SEVEN police cars with 1 and 2 cops in each to do so??

it just baffles me.:dw: :bored: :smmon: :bash:

I previously worked in Jersey. Which PD was it?
If he was wearing his fathers old uniform shirt with patches and such he is SOL and his dad isnt too bright either!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread