Anyone in Massachusetts wanna make 100$?

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
My bros rice friend is betting that he can beat a lightning in a turbo'd eclipse fwd. He doesn't have the turbo now and probably never will. But how g-hey is that? 100$ hes betting. My bro seemed a little concerned and actually asked me if there was any chance he'd beat him..

I guess the only chance that this guy would beat him is if Don's L was towing him.

My bro hasn't got his lightning but he needs some reassurance on the power of the Lightning. Anyone want a ride in a 2003 Cobra for a ride in the Lightning? Plus you can come down here and make a cool 100$ and smash someones ego..

Dont let them try to talk my brother into buying something like a fwd eclipse..

I hope this guy gets a clue. :idea:

Last edited:

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
You said it's and N/A Eclpise??? An L would walk all over him all day. I've crushed non turbos in the Mark, but a modified turbo would be a race and a half, those things can move real cheap. Is the L modified?? Even if it is slightly, he should be a turbo'd clipse, that is if he isn't running like 20lbs of boost

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Well. hes the type of guy that always says "oh my turbo is in the mail" "oh my turbo is getting built in some special lab in california"

so no.. he doesn't have shit

and a GS eclipse with a turbo with probably no tune and a small intercooler should be stomped all over by a Lightning.. You know it and i know it.. This guy doesnt know it tho.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Excellent.

What about for your daily driving. I dont want to go to slicks, but I was considering some DR's.

any thoughts?

Hulk

StangD281

Established Member
When my GT was stock, I walked all over those things, Turbo or Not. I've added a few tricks ;-) and it isn't fair now. I raced a black '01 Eclipse (its in the Kill forum) that had some work done to it, and I walked him from a roll & off the line. By 65 there were about 6 dots in the mirror (all from his sets of fog lights). I won't bother to waste the gas in the '03 when it arrives. Someone go take the $100....

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
The best kill this season was.

One of my buds let his daughter race his Lightning againt their neigbor who was a punk kid in a Syclone.

It was so fun seeing him get spanked by a girl.

That was sweet.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Thats an easy $100. Ive gone against a Poop load of GSX/GS-T here in Chicago, at nights, and not one has come close to me yet. All you will hear is their little blow off valve about a block back. Walk in the park for a Stock or modded L.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
one of the little riceboys bet my bro he'd beat him with a 1st gen DSM with a CAI.. FWD, no turbo. He said hes gonna be spraying. IMHO these motors can only be sprayed like a 50shot and even that wont help him! And guess what. this guy is betting 600 $ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a catback right there boys. He said hes going to race next july when his car is umm. "hooked up" shall we say. I know the other riceboy is all gung ho to lose his 100$ now!!

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
haha sweet!! Don, you think we could take a trip up there and exchange a few rides? You gotta show my bro the bolt.

I will meet you at the track any time, just let me know

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
hmm. are you going to go to epping tomorrow? the track is 2-3 hours away from me and it'd be my first time going.. Something always comes up befoer i go tho. Rain, errands, just stuff to do. Im not sure i'd be reliable to say "meet me at epping". But i am definately going i will give you a call.

Theres more of a chance that i'd take a trip up to waltham to see my buddy at Bentley college tho! heheehe. So if i am around there. Would you wanna meet up?

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I don't know if i would be that cocky, if he does have a turbo. Granted it would have to be a good turbo set up and the engine would have to be built right not just some amature job but i was at the track and saw an eclispe running 12.47-12.51 all day.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Don- I don't think you'll have to worry about him beatin you :p

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Well this kids turbo has been 'in the mail' for months now.. We last heard of the turbo being in south carolina being rebuilt (becuase you all know new turbos get rebuilt right?). I know some dsms ar efast but this is a joke. This kid thinks his car will keep up with mine.. BONE STOCK.

Users who are viewing this thread