Anyone in the Chicago NW burbs have VMP pulley tool?

venams03

Established Member
Wondering if there is anyone in the Northwest Burbs around Algonquin/LITH/CL that owns a VMP Pulley Removal Tool that I could borrow?

I'm about to purchase the 2.5" Vmp pulley and idler (90mm)

venams03

Established Member
bumpety... I know someone offered for me to borrow their VMP Pulley Removal Tool either on here or Teamshebly (can't remember) but I can't seem to find them now :(

ANother note: I was going to post the same on ChicagoSVT but seems that website is gone. Anyone here familiar with that site know what happened?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
bumpety... I know someone offered for me to borrow their VMP Pulley Removal Tool either on here or Teamshebly (can't remember) but I can't seem to find them now :(

ANother note: I was going to post the same on ChicagoSVT but seems that website is gone. Anyone here familiar with that site know what happened?

Chicago SVT is now the Chicago Garage or something like that. You could also try chicagolandmustang dot something.

I'm assuming you need it now and not in a week. Call Steve Koller at Import Minded in Milwaukee (or email him [email protected]). Or the guys down south at Sutton High Performance. They're not likely to loan out tools but could do a simple pulley swap in a couple of minutes.

Worst comes to worst, I have them sitting right next to me and could always sell you one. :beer:

venams03

Established Member
Well I was able to get my 2.5" VMP pulley and idler installed with the help of OMICRON from McHenry. Thanks for the help Paul!!

So results: Stock boost gauge went from max of 7 lbs boost to about 11 lbs. It runs fairly well but stumbles when first started and for about the first 5 minutes of driving. Is this normal? I was expecting to be in the 13-14 psi range with these mods?

*Offroad X and 3" SW exhaust (very open and loud!)
*JLT Carbon Fiber BIG AIR KIT (127mm)
*VMP 2.5" pulley and 90mm idler
*Lund tune on X-CAL3

Users who are viewing this thread