anyone in the lexington ky area that can help

steven97svt

Established Member
ok my car has been acting wierd it is throwing codes and i have been to local shops to see if they would clear them and no one will is there anyone that will clear these for me i called ford but its $89 to get it done there :shrug:

lastdeployment

Established Member
First off, do you know what codes are being thrown?
I'm guessing you know you can reset the codes yourself by disconnecting the battery for a minute or so. If you don't have a code reader, get to an Autozone. They will plug into the OBD II port and read the codes for free. They also will reset them for free. Make sure you write down whatever codes you get though. If you have a relatively high mileage car, I'm guess one code is P1516. If you read the codes shortly after reconnecting the battery you will also get a P1000. The 1000 can be ignored. It just means the diagnostic testing has not been completed yet. This one clears on its own and will not turn on the check engine light by itself. The 1516 is for the IMRC valves either slow to open or slow to close, usually due to carbon buildup.

lastdeployment

Established Member
I looked through a few different forums looking for answers to your problem. So far I've found that the front O2 sensors can cause this code. The Cats being old and clogged up can also cause this code. The other is the air lines and vacuum lines for the Air Injection system. I'd probably check your lines first since that is the easiest and doesn't cost anything...

98diablo

Established Member
i had that code from my smog pump. its no big deal unless you hate staring at the ck eng light.. modular depot is only about 1 hour north of ya in florence ky. but that code will keep coming back if all you do is clear it. you can also disconnect the battery to clear it for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread