Anyone in the Tampa area??

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Brucealeg said:
It's hot, humid and lacks the road infrastructure to handle all the cars. You'll love it.

Its not that humid, New Jersey was worse.

It isnt too hot either.

The road infrastructure sucks!

Booricua, the property prices are skyrocketing. So be prepared to make a decision quickly or time will definitely cost you money.

Good Luck

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
On my way too!

Just found out that I've been hired (From Southern Illinois) at a place called Spring Hill Florida! (About 40 miles north of Tampa).
Anybody know anything about this place? I'm flying down next week to check things out...can't wait to get out of here!!!
Anyhoo...I used to live in Tampa as a kid, but was yanked out of Florida and plopped down in (eeeeewww.....) SOuthern Illinois where I've lived for the past 33 years.
Looking for insight regarding this area...is the kind of place that I will want my 11 year old daughter to be raised? :shrug:

Brucealeg

Established Member
Springhill hill is one of many little towns N of Tampa. There is an expressway that passes it, so u can make great time going anywhere.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
One of my colleagues lives in Spring Hill. It is in Hernando County. It is a nice bedroom community. It's general population is older folks. The nice thing is that property is still very reasonable there as opposed to Hillsborough and even Pasco Counties.

Good Luck

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
im4darush said:
Moving to Land O' Lakes from Old Bridge NJ. Its about 20 mins north of dowtown Tampa.

My brother in law just moved to Land O lakes from NY. Its real nice over there, youll like it. Im in minneola which is about 45-1hr noth of there but im over there often. You can PM me if you want to when you get down here and i will take you to a few local meets here in Lake County. Welcome to the Sunshine State :rockon:

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Double"O" said:
I am moving to Tampa in Feb...hope to meet you all and do some drag racing....i am looking forward to being able to race for more than 5 months out of the year

You gotta bring that car to some of the meets in Orlando i want to see it in person. That car is sweet :thumbsup:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
You gotta bring that car to some of the meets in Orlando i want to see it in person. That car is sweet :thumbsup:

6 months to go

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
Come to our shows...each month at hooters in bradenton....www.musclemustangs.org
we average 85 stangs each month all years and it totally free! next show is next sat august 6th....4-6pm registration time we have over 130 members and we are the host club for the 2006 NMRA Racing event in bradenton ....always like seeing other mustangs there!

03cobraFL

Established Member
I live in Land O Lakes also theres a good car show meet at the Sonic on Collier Pkwy if you want to get know some of the locals,there is always alot of Mustangs. By the way were in LOL are you moving to?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
03cobraFL said:
I live in Land O Lakes also theres a good car show meet at the Sonic on Collier Pkwy if you want to get know some of the locals,there is always alot of Mustangs. By the way were in LOL are you moving to?
Land O Lakes...... Is that where they make the butter? :-D

Users who are viewing this thread