Anyone install a driveshaft on jack stands?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
..if anyone has installed one on jack stands, how the hell did you put the new one back in? I'm trying to slide it past the exhaust and the axle and it's just not happening. The car isnt high enough. I'm at a loss on how to do it..

Any help?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
..if anyone has installed one on jack stands, how the hell did you put the new one back in? I'm trying to slide it past the exhaust and the axle and it's just not happening. The car isnt high enough. I'm at a loss on how to do it..

Any help?

are you using 6 ton jackstands? those lift the car fairly high. Its how i did my headers.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
im using regular 1 and a half ton jack stands. I have some 6 ton jack stands though, should i put those under the axle tubes to try and raise the axle up higher?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
im using regular 1 and a half ton jack stands. I have some 6 ton jack stands though, should i put those under the axle tubes to try and raise the axle up higher?
I had mine on the flat spot in front of the rear wheels on the body. the 6 tons get the car pretty high up. Unless you need to raise the axle itself than yea thats what i would do.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Just remove one coupler at the h-pipe and let the exhaust pipe drop down. You should be able to sneak it in that way.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I'm going to try both of those ways right now.

I'll let you know how it goes, Thanks Guys, I appreciate it!

kevinp

Established Member
Just remove one coupler at the h-pipe and let the exhaust pipe drop down. You should be able to sneak it in that way.

+1

Just loosen up the band clamps and slide the H-pipe to the rear and it will drop down and you can get the one piece in easily.

Users who are viewing this thread