Anyone intalled an aftermarket tach?

hotrodrock

Established Member
Want to install a tach with a shift light that I can actually see. All the ones I have looked at online and in Mustang catalogs mention nothing about mounting. Want a 5 inch one so a post mount is out. The dash face that holds the two middle air vents looks like it might hold depending on whats behind it. Any ideas. Want it mounted solid so it doesn't shake.

Also, I have seen the shift lights by themselves. Can these be used by themselves. Don't necessarily need to see the RPM's, just when to shift.

MD03SVT

Established Member
I have had 5'' tach's in all of my mustang's for the past 20 yrs but when I got my 1st GT500 I decided to install a Raptor for a few reason's,ease of installation simple 3 wire hook up and it can be mounted almost anywhere,I put it on my SOS pillar pod and it worked great but I was unable to get use to it maybe after all those years of having a monster tach with a full size shift lite on my right hand side(maybe my eye sight is going with age).In my new GT500 I will install a monster tach right above the drivers side center vent using a bracket,I will post pics and let you know how it goes when I get around to doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread