Anyone interested in specialized wheels for

Dave07997S

Established Member
the GT 500. I have been on this website now for a few years and currently own a 04 M3. My M3 has some mods and probably the best mod I did was a set of RAC Monolite wheels. They have the most aggressive offsets available for several cars. They are fully forged and the actualy wheel is built by Champion Motorsports. Champion Motorsports is the company that builds many of the race wheels for Porsche, BMW, and now the new C6 Vette. They want to get input for a new wheel for the Mustang and in particular the new GT 500. So use this thread to post what you would like. I know alot of people are complaing that the stock rubber on the new GT500 is to narrow, and from the look at the offsets of the wheels in the show car they could be more aggressive. Here is a few pic of my M3 with the RAC Monolites, this isn't the same wheel that can be made available. Thats what this thread is for is to guage what kind of interest can be had. I want to see if we can get at least a 275 front width and a 295 rear width. Anyway..let me know and I can pass this on to RAC (I am friends with one of the owners). Heres RAC monolites website (not completed yet) RAC Monolite

M3 front angle 1-30-2005.JPG
M3 rear angle 1-30-2005.JPG
M3 rear angle a 1-30-2005.JPG
M3 side 1-30-2005.JPG

* .gif edited by Blue03Cobra :nono:

Dave

EastCoastSVT

Established Member
i like the sound of the specs on the rims, maybe even if you can get the rears into the 3's that would be great, im looking forward to see what they come up with. Im allitle dissapointed with the rims ford came out with. The 03 - 04 were kick a$$, hopefully this company can come out with a bad a$$ rim that has what people want.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Thanks for the input...and the compliments on my car. The wheels are specific to the car ala offsets, just like a HRE wheel at quite a bit less money.

Torquethrust wheels are nice and classic, but they also want to be a wheel that could be track worthy. As this company also builds track wheels, mainly in 18" sizes as there is a much larger tire selection available. Really the only available size for RComps is 18". Either way this company wants to build a wheel specifically for the SVT. They have a forum at www.racmonolites.com and I happen to be the Mustang guru for these guys, although Jay from Ground Control is on there as well. There are alot of things already available for the 05 Mustang from these guys that is awesome, and when the GT500 comes out they will have something for us as well.

I would like to see a mesh with some lip...with a very aggressive offset and push the tire to the limit as far as what can be put on the car. He feels a 305 can be made to work with the right offset. Now this is where a live axle car hurts you as you can't dial in any neg camber in the rear like you can on a IRS (M3) which from the factory runs a tad neg camber in the rear. Negative camber can help a larger width tire clear fenders...Oh well, got to deal with the cards you got...

Dave

EastCoastSVT

Established Member
i like the idea of the mesh but i dont think it should be more then what is on your M3. also maybe have a chrome lip available. When looking at the CCW rims, i think that looks good on the 03 04 cobra but that might be a little to much for the retro style 06 GT500 mustang. Maybe draw something up that goes back to the mustang 5 star or something that plays off of the concept gt500 rims but much bigger, just like what one company did with the bullit rims. Cant wait to see what the come up with.....

Dave07997S

Established Member
EastCoastSVT said:
i like the idea of the mesh but i dont think it should be more then what is on your M3. also maybe have a chrome lip available. When looking at the CCW rims, i think that looks good on the 03 04 cobra but that might be a little to much for the retro style 06 GT500 mustang. Maybe draw something up that goes back to the mustang 5 star or something that plays off of the concept gt500 rims but much bigger, just like what one company did with the bullit rims. Cant wait to see what the come up with.....

It could be something like this...this is a raw forged wheel. This could also be a new wheel for the M3 in both 18 and 19" sizes. With this kind of a wheel we could get some serious lip in the rear. This wheel will have a polished lip.

IMG_3237.jpg

dave

Big 8

Established Member
Why do you whore that gorgeous car out like that? If it were my M3 I would keep it to myself. You dress it up in sexy pieces then flash it in front of other men! You should be ashamed!

Last edited:

Dave07997S

Established Member
Big 8 said:
Why do you whore that gorgeous car out like that? If it were my M3 I would keep it to myself. You dress it up in sexy pieces then flash it in front of other men! You should be ashamed!

LOL... :beer: Thanks...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread