Anyone know about Auto Armour car covers?

brtt485

Established Member
I am looking for a car cover and dont want to shell out $200 for a California Cover since my car sleeps in the garage. I am mainly looking for something to protect from dust/dirt, and dings and scratches from people walking by etc... I found these Auto Armour covers on eBay and they look pretty legit but I was curous if anyone had or has seen them. Search didnt produce anything!

www.autoarmourcovers.com

ebay posting

Any info would be much appreciated!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
rule of thumb- indoor cover =shit outdoor cover
outcover=shit indoor cover
that being said- you get what you pay for- if someone is walking by your car and dings it- you're still gonna have a ding- a cover is not padded at all- kinda like an acorn hitting your car cover may protect your paint from the scratch of the acron but it damn sure ain't gonna protect it from the weight-so you still get a crack that can build rust underneath.

brtt485

Established Member
I appreciate the info. Maybe ding was the wrong word. I am looking for something decent that will keep dust off, protect the car better than nothing would when my wife sets her purse on the hood in the garage, is breathable, yet if I had to leave the in the driveway for a day or 2 could stand up to the elements.

The cover I originally posted seemed like a good value so I was wondering if anyone had experience with it. I just dont see the need to spend $200 for a California Cover which will mainly be used to keep dust off of the car, if that makes sense. That being said, any and all input is welcome!

600RRgoal

Established Member
I had a Covercraft Noah cover for my Cobra and it is rated "Best" for both indoor and outdoor. It worked great, both indoor and outdoor.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
The autoarmor looks good. I've got one almost like that, but still had to pay $120-$150 for the custom fit one. The sun will damage your cars paint worse than anything. Especially basecoat/clearcoat paint. It would be good protection against people laying stuff on your car as well. When I was growing up, and I layed anything on my parents vehicles I'd get my butt whooped. Of course now I'm the same way, and don't won't anyone laying stuff on my custom paint job.

Just make sure you get one that fits your mustang, because they are a pain if they don't fit.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
one word- dust!
btw- if anybody could point me to a california car cover that's good for 200 bucks I'm down. I say that sarcastically because my ultraweave was 400 bucks (two tone-cobra print-sick as ****) but has been worth every goddamn penny-even came with a bag and a security line to lock on the car

600RRgoal

Established Member
Shop around. I bought my Covercraft Noah cover for my Lightning locally off Craigslist for $50 (online it's $277 plus shipping new). It was never used, as the person I bought it from sold his Lightning a week after he bought the cover. Can't beat the quality.

I'd also recommend buying a cover custom-fitted for you car, as it will fit much better. Probably look into the indoor Polycotton if you're going with Covercraft.

brtt485

Established Member
From what I have read the cover I posted from ebay is semi-custom just like the Covercraft are. I will definitely check craigslist, though!

600RRgoal

Established Member
Yeah to be honest if I were buying a cover for a car that is going to be garage kept, I would more than likely buy that one off Ebay. Looks good for the price and should do everything you need it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread