Anyone know about throttlebodies?

Jesse Perez

Established Member
:read: hey buds!! Just trying to figure out something...Do bigger throttlebodies make much of a difference on the HP?:shrug: Dunno wether that will be worth me spending the cash on it. (Don't want to do anything to extreme, as my warranty has yet to run out).Thanks inadvance for the input....:beer: :thumbsup:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Well I don't know allot about throttle bodies for the newer Cobras, Probably for good reason. I haven't heard anyone speak of any gains with one installed. Now I did hear something about using a single blade TB instead of a twin blade. Not exactly sure why though, Maybe for better flow.

Razor.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I heard that if you use the single blade oval unit you will need to have your intake shaved to take out the "lip" that seperates the two holes to have one big oval...if that makes any since they way I worded it....:p

I think there was an article about this a few months ago in either MM&FF or 5.0 and Superfords Magazine.....I guess I will have to start searching the archives :)

As far as performance gains.....I wouldn't expect much! I know the Aftermarket TB's for GT's don't give much at all and some folks even claim to have lost HP!

Good Luck

Adam:coolman:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
I put the twin 62mm throttle body on my car along with other mods listed in my sig. All in all, I think the car is faster, it sounds faster, but I feel like I need more gear because the car seems almost too free-flowing. I have seen people take off throttle bodies because loss of "driveability." I am thinking about going to 4:10's. I would like to stay NA for the purpose of autocrossing, maybe cams would help with the torque issue as well?

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
BTW, I hand ported my intake to match the larger throttle body...well, at least I tried.:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread