Anyone know how to jumper the intercooler pump to run?

ZXMustang

Banned
I know the 03/04 cobra guys were able to jumper the intercooler pump to run when the car was off at the track for a quick cool down between runs. Anyone know how to do this on the shelby? I had a few hot runs today that went bad, but after a few hours cool down the car picked up 5 mph at the end of the track. Talk about heat soak. So can this be done?

Brian

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
You remove the cover and the relay is the one closest to the fender not the motor and the one in the front not the rear. I can try and post pics later.

ZXMustang

Banned
You remove the cover and the relay is the one closest to the fender not the motor and the one in the front not the rear. I can try and post pics later.

So what exactly needs to be done? Anyone have a link to a decent wire or whatever I can make that will make this easy to do and undo in the staging lanes at the track. Also, I shouldn't have to worry about toasting anything either right?

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Its dark and late but I will post up pics and the jumper wire I have. I just leave it in while I am at the track and then swap the relay back in before I leave. You could do a toggle as well but I worry about something getting knocked on by accident. As far as the wire a small piece with 2 male spade connectors is all you need.

ZXMustang

Banned
Its dark and late but I will post up pics and the jumper wire I have. I just leave it in while I am at the track and then swap the relay back in before I leave. You could do a toggle as well but I worry about something getting knocked on by accident. As far as the wire a small piece with 2 male spade connectors is all you need.

So does it really work well? My car responded big time to the 2 hour cool off it got. Took me from 13.0 to 12.5 with 5 more mph.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
The pump override helps (just moves the coolant) but you still need portable fans. Search for the Tahoe GT mod. He put the pump and the main fan on a toggle and has a good write up with photos. Cools the car pretty quick but kills my battery (stock) in less than 15 mins.
Had a jumper for the pump only for a long time but wasnt getting the car that cool.

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
The pump override helps (just moves the coolant) but you still need portable fans. Search for the Tahoe GT mod. He put the pump and the main fan on a toggle and has a good write up with photos. Cools the car pretty quick but kills my battery (stock) in less than 15 mins.
Had a jumper for the pump only for a long time but wasnt getting the car that cool.

I just put a fan infront of the HE while the pump runs, while it cools. Def works well..

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I just put a fan infront of the HE while the pump runs, while it cools. Def works well..

I now just flip a switch. :coolman:
Its the little toggle in front of the strut tower on top of the relay box.
100_3629.jpg

I toted fans to the strip for a long time and just got sick of carrying alot of crap. The radiator fan definately moves some air even with the hood closed which is nice especially if Im playing stock.:sleeping: Not that I have much to hide under there. :poke:

ZXMustang

Banned
Someone please just show me which fuse box, and which relay I need to pull. Also, the small box with the 4 relays has five leads? Which two do I jump? Im an idiot when it comes to electrical, please spell it out in laymans terms. I checked that link and it says nothing about how to jump the pump exactly.

chimazo

Established Member
If you're not interested in messing with your wiring and just want to jumper the IC pump, here is an easy way (click link below and open or save .pdf file).
Note that in the pics, the car has 4 relays, since it has HID's. If yours doesn't, it will only have the 2 on the left (#'s 9 & 10).

[INTERCOOLER JUMPER HOW-TO]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread