Anyone know of a longer throttle cable?

94venomV8

Established Member
As some of you know I have been working on doing this custom intake for awhile, I know am out of school for the summer and am going to try and finish it up. However the only problem I am running into is that I am going to need a longer throttle cable. Does anyone know of one that will work say out of a truck or something or even a company that would make a custom one to fit? if so let me know Thanks.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the question really cant be answered unless we know how long the original cable is as well as how much longer you need it, unless 4 inches will satisfy your needs.....

a tad more info would make it easier to help......anyways have you gotten any further with it or is it still the same as the last time?

94venomV8

Established Member
The only problem with the 03/04 Todd is that the TB where the cable hooks on is on the opposite side and I dont know if it would reach or not.

PSUCOBRA- I know the length of the stock one but dont know an exact measurement of the one I need as 1. I havent mounted the intake on the motor yet and 2. I may have some final welding that needs to be done to possibly space the throttle body out further so the inlet pipe clears the coolant crossover enough.

As for the intake it is pretty much rough welded and I think I have decided to polish it instead of powder coat it. I cant really finish welding it now because of my motor issue and I need to get the new motor in.

94venomV8

Established Member
Duh!! lol. I guess I didnt think of flipping it and it still working. I guess it wouldnt matter all its doing is letting more air in. I will flip it. Ok problem solved I need a 04 cobra throttle cable then.

SVTCop97

SVTCop
Does anyone know what cable they’re using or where to find out for a ‘97 Cobra with a Kenne Bell 2.1L? That 4” sounds like it will work but I thought I’d ask in case someone knew of another/better alternative. Please help... waiting to Dyno!

Users who are viewing this thread