Anyone Know Of A Place To Find A Good Deal On Whipple Plenums?

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
Hello... I recently had a Whipple installed with the "HP Plenum" and I have an aftermarket TB on there that I do not like but I do not really think I should say the brand name out loud.

So, I am trying to get my stock one back on there but I need a "Stock Plenum" from Whipple in order to do that. I found out it costs about $700, which is insane.

Does anyone have any ideas or is anyone aware of a place that sells them cheaper? Thanks.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
IS this an old style Whipple or something? I thought the intake plenums were all one piece with the blower. Thus, no swapping...you gotta live with what you got.

161-M-6066-CT46-450.jpg

there is no "unbolting" of the intake plenum..... :shrug: maybe I'm misunderstanding you????

UKnow

Established Member
ArcaneParadise said:
Hello... I recently had a Whipple installed with the "HP Plenum" and I have an aftermarket TB on there that I do not like but I do not really think I should say the brand name out loud.

So, I am trying to get my stock one back on there but I need a "Stock Plenum" from Whipple in order to do that. I found out it costs about $700, which is insane.

Does anyone have any ideas or is anyone aware of a place that sells them cheaper? Thanks.

PM'd

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
They are not one piece, the plenum does come off. You should post an add to see if someone wants to trade plenums with you.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We do sell the plenums for less than what Whipple retails them for. We also have 1 or 2 of them that have slight imperfections to them that we would be willing to part for a lot less than what a brand new one goes for. I will have to check and see if 1 of them is a double bore inlet. Also to switch from a Big oval back to a Double Bore inlet you will need to also purchase a new bypass valve specific to that plenum. The Big oval uses a larger bypass system. Then you will have to unbolt the discharge plate completely from the compressor in order to make the swap. Its not just unbolt the bolts from the plenum and off it goes. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread