Anyone know of any good looking/light weight 18x10 (squared set-up) wheels?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Just like the title says.

Looking for a nice set of 18x10 wheels so I can do a squared setup.

I am not getting anything with Forgestar's name on them, so they are not an option. They took my money and made me wait 5+ months and I use FRPP open end lug nuts which will not fit inside the stud area on the wheels.

I am thinking about getting the FRPP 18x10 BBS wheels with 295/35/18 tires all around but are there any other setups out there that look good and are decently lightweight?

I was about to order HRE FF01's but they are pretty heavy and i'd rather have a more performance orientated setup that I can rotate.

Any opinions?

KBBoss302

Established Member
Try the 18x10s at Blowfish Racing or Vorshlag. Both lightweight and reasonably priced.

chao5.0

Established Member
the 18x10 D-Force wheels that Vorshlag sells are the lightest I know of @ 19.5lbs., Forgestars are just a .5lb heavier in the same size for the F14, the CF5 is actually heavier than the F14 buy 1lb.. I would go with the D-force wheels just because they are easier to clean than a F14 or any multi spoke wheel, and if your brakes produce a lot of dust you will hate life if you have a multi spoke wheel like a F14.

another option is the Enkei's from Cortex or Strano but there are no official weights, just listed and usually listed doesn't match actual in my experience.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I had considered those D-Force wheels due to them being the lightest, but I could not get past the way they looked! I ended up with 18X9 and 18X10 CF5s, can live with the extra pound...LOL

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Like mentioned, BF racing for Team Dynamics wheels (prob most durable), and vorshlag for D-Force (prob the lightest).

Btw, I have F14s and have no problems using FRPP open-end lugs. Kind of curious to see what your problem was.

Also, if you order common size forgestars (e.g. 18x10) from AM, they usually have them in stock. Unless you wanted something custom straight from forgestar, the you'd have to wait.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Like mentioned, BF racing for Team Dynamics wheels (prob most durable), and vorshlag for D-Force (prob the lightest).

Btw, I have F14s and have no problems using FRPP open-end lugs. Kind of curious to see what your problem was.

Also, if you order common size forgestars (e.g. 18x10) from AM, they usually have them in stock. Unless you wanted something custom straight from forgestar, the you'd have to wait.

The stock lugs won't fit per vorshlag. I always thought the FRPP lugs were the stock size but maybe I'm wrong. I custom ordered my forgestars for my z06 and they took 5-6 months after I paid them in full.

But the F14's are only 20lbs which is unfortunate because they are exactly what I want and they are cheap

F.D.Sako

Established Member
The stock lugs won't fit per vorshlag. I always thought the FRPP lugs were the stock size but maybe I'm wrong. I custom ordered my forgestars for my z06 and they took 5-6 months after I paid them in full.

Ya, the FRPP open ended lugs are noticeably smaller than the stock acorn style lug nuts.

my next set of track wheels will either be Team Dynamics or the Apex ones... I'm really liking the apex wheel design.

Users who are viewing this thread