Anyone know planned 08 GT500 production?

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Title says it. Does anyone have any inside info on the projected number of 08's Ford plans to make? My dealer says there will be fewer. Maybe 60% of the 07 numbers. Factor in 1000 of the 08's going to Shelby to be turned into KRs and the number might even be smaller? My guess is dealers would probably prefer fewer to justify huge markups rather than sell 5 or 6 close to MSRP.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
unless you have a long history of accurate info from your dealer/salesman dont believe a word they say!

ford will make as many as they can. this car is a cash cow for ford and thier dealers. the only two reasons i see ford cutting production is parts(making sure they have enough for each gt500, and dealers being level with thier customers. in other words if the dealers dont mess it up and hold on to the gt500 ford will be able to sell every one of the 10k 08 gt500 without needing to worry about offering a cash rebate/incentive!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would guess that it will fall somewhere between 10-12K units. Could be as much a 15K units though. They will move off of the shelf a lot faster now that the ADMs have dropped so much.

-Jeff

ingram4868

Established Member
Ford officials have said less than last year. I think the number they tossed out was 8000 but I might be wrong about the exact number.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
ingram4868 said:
Ford officials have said less than last year. I think the number they tossed out was 8000 but I might be wrong about the exact number.
They have? Where did you get this information?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ingram4868 said:

I missed that memo. Are these the same "officials" that originally said that there would only be around 5,000-7,000 units for 2007?

Users who are viewing this thread