Anyone know where to purchase this exact license plate frame?

Mustang Buster

Established Member
Anyone know where to purchase this exact license plate frame? My Cobra came with it when I bought it from the original owner, but I have not been able to find one like it anywhere. The original owner doesn't remember where he got it from, and I really want to get another one to make my front plate look the same as my rear plate. Thanks in advance!
CobraRearLicensePlate.gif

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Why not just ditch the front plate? I mean, how often would you really get pulled over for that in Alaska? lol don't the cops have better things to do, like wrestle polar bears or something? :bs:

I'd start by checking every single website in a magazine like mustang mustangs and fast fords. That'd be my best guess.

Mustang Buster

Established Member
The original owner thinks he got it either at the Ford dealership, or in a Mustang catalog, but since it was 12 years ago he doesn't remember. I have looked in every Mustang catalog I can find, and done countless Google searches all to no avail. So, I was asking everyone here in hopes that someone has seen one somewhere.

Oh, we don't have a mall in Kodiak, but the car is actually in my brother's garage in San Diego anyway, as it wouldn't survive Kodiak, as there are no garages in the base housing.

I like this frame, because it fills in the bottom of the plate which is just a lot of white space, but everyone I find has snakes on it or something, and they are just a little over the top for my taste. This one is plain and simple :beer:

Mustang Buster

Established Member
A google search for "cobra license plate frame" on the 5th page I found....

Ford Accessories CROWN VICTORIA License Plates OEM FRAMES - License Plates - COBRA LICENSE PLATE FRAME

On a personal note, I hate frames that only have 2 bolt holes because they rattle when closing the trunk lid.

Thanks, that is the closest one I have seen. I saw it a while back when I was doing a google search, but it looked like the font color is much darker than mine. But, everything else is the same, so I guess I could get it, and if it didn't match, get another one to go along with it to have a matching pair, and then just use the one I have now to hang on the wall or something.

To keep the frame from rattling, I just put some 3M double sided tape on the back of the bottom part of the frame to hold the bottom of the frame to the plate, and it has worked on my other cars for years.

Thanks again!:beer:

Mustang Buster

Established Member
I went ahead and ordered it, as I got to looking at it more, and figured that the reason why the font color on mine doesn't appear as dark is probably just due to age. Mine has been on for 12 years, so the font probably just faded a little from black to dark grey, as everything else looks exactly the same. Thanks again for your help. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread