Anyone Looking for 03's -- Two in San Antonio

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
I was at Northside Ford this past weekend. They had a white vert and a Dark Shadow Grey coupe. It was my first time seeing one in person and the cars look great. Unfortunately I had to laugh at them and walk away bcz they want $2k over MSRP.

Oh well, if anyone is interested the cars are not spoken for.

Kev

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Blade
I was at Northside Ford this past weekend. They had a white vert and a Dark Shadow Grey coupe. It was my first time seeing one in person and the cars look great. Unfortunately I had to laugh at them and walk away bcz they want $2k over MSRP.

Oh well, if anyone is interested the cars are not spoken for.

Kev
Don't laugh, that's down from the $10,000 they wanted for the first run cars...made me wait eight weeks to get one out-of-town, after having my deposit for four months...:bash:

Where are you in S.A.? I'm in the medical center area.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Re: Re: Anyone Looking for 03's -- Two in San Antonio

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Don't laugh, that's down from the $10,000 they wanted for the first run cars...made me wait eight weeks to get one out-of town, after having my deposit for four months...:bash:

Where are you in S.A.? I'm in the medical center area.

I am actually in Del Rio - was in SA shopping. I can't believe they wanted $10k over!!!! That's crazy! If I had been thinking, I'd have said something about Ford having to buy-back my Saleen. I can choose (haven't decided yet) a refund or replacement. The MSRP of the Cobra is almost the same as my S281, so the lady at Ford said it would be an even swap. Basically I would be guaranteed an 03 at sticker price (actually about $6k under bcz of the buyback). :D Of course if I choose to do that Northside Ford will NOT get my business. I'd have to special order one anyway bcz I would delete the wing.

Military med ctr or civilian?

tyler

Two Cobras for sale in S.A.

Hi Kev, thanks for the "heads-up" on the two Cobras for sale for 2K over list. Just to remind all that I have my 2003 Cobra coupe (with only 335 miles) for sale for $34,000 even. My health forces me to sell my wonderful new car. I am sixty years old and have been the only driver for these 335 miles. Great chance for someone to save some $$. contact Tyler at [email protected]

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Anyone Looking for 03's -- Two in San Antonio

Originally posted by Blade
Military med ctr or civilian?
Civil Service. Lab Manager for the South Texas Veteran's Healthcare System :-D

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Blade...just for your info.
Jordan Ford is an SVT dealer now too. I heard they had a yellow coupe on the floor this weekend.
Also, Gilliespie Ford put in the paperwork to be an SVT dealer. The Service manager told me so when I stopped to pick up some parts on Saturday.

I didn't buy my car from Northside and I refuse to take it there for warranty work. Looks like I won't have to now. :D

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
O3 Cobra in Lubbock, TX

:coolman: Smith Ford in Slaton, TX (just outside Lubbock) has a couple of 03 Cobras. Richard McDaniel is the salesman who handles these cars. They do not sell over MSRP and are great people to do business with. I bought mine there and am very satisfied with the experience.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Blade...just for your info.
Jordan Ford is an SVT dealer now too. I heard they had a yellow coupe on the floor this weekend.
Also, Gilliespie Ford put in the paperwork to be an SVT dealer. The Service manager told me so when I stopped to pick up some parts on Saturday.

I didn't buy my car from Northside and I refuse to take it there for warranty work. Looks like I won't have to now. :D

Thanks! Glad someone will give them some competition. The couple times I have been there they seemed (to me at least) to act all "high and mighty". If I didn't buy an M3 bcz of a markup, why would I buy a Ford with one? I also had them look at my car to have warranty work done (they are the closest Saleen dealer) and never heard back from them. They don't return emails or phone calls.

If I get the 03, I'll likely order. As I mentioned above, the OEM wing just doesn't get me all hot and bothered. I have always favored the Steeda wing. Maybe someone else will get one and I can see how it looks before buying it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread