Anyone looking to buy a 2003 REDFIRE VERT w/Tan Top, WHITE COUPE OR YELLOW COUPE??

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
Anyone looking to buy a 2003 Cobra REDFIRE VERT w/Tan Top, WHITE COUPE OR YELLOW COUPE ??

Covert Ford in Austin Texas is sell them for MSRP.

Address:
11514 Research Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78759

Contact: JT Carter (Covert Saleman) , Cell Phone: (512)748-3917.

I was emailed by JT, today and I talked to him over the phone concerning the Cobras. I just purchased mine last monay 12/8/2003. I was in and out, not problems. In fact, that week I was so impressed with the costumer service, I refered 2 other friends who work with me to JT, who just bought 2 GT's from him for invoice. They are great Straight Forward and honest. JT Carter will take of you.

These Cobras as far as I know are not being held for anyone, first come first serve. If you decide to call and find out; tell JT Carter, Mykel (Pronounced Michael), the sonic blue owner, told you to call and inquire about the cobra. :thumbsup:

I asked him for some photos, so later tonight I will have some for everyone to see.

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
Hey Sonterra,
Yesterday, I went by Covert to pick up some Redfire touch-up paint. (They tried to charge me $10 for the tube! I told them Leif Johnson quoted me $7, so they said "oh, ok. It's $7.10). :rollseyes After reading about the guy who got the busted Cobra from Covert, I'm leary of that place. :bored:

I went and took a long look at those Cobra's. Would you believe that they were both unlocked?! I opened the redfire/tan one and peaked around inside. Someone had taken it for a test drive and flogged the hell out of it. I could still smell that "skunky" smell in it. We all know the smell I'm talkin' about. There were also ashes on the floor. :rolleyes

Don't buy from Covert. They are involved somehow in that car that got sold as new but was wrecked. They slammed my old Tbird into a wall (and didn't even want to give me a rental), and I just found out that a guy I know works in the back. He told me some stories that would make you cringe.

In Austin, Leif Johnson can get better financing deals (Covert offered me 6.4% while I walked out of LJ with 4.34%). Also, LJ will go hundreds below MSRP. They have a silver 'vert on their showroom that they are begging to get rid of. It's been there several months.

Sorry about the rant. This board is designed so that we all help each other out, and since I know firsthand how Covert treats it's customers, I feel obligated to :burn:

SonterraSVT

Established Member
PM me with the details, Because so far I have had good luck with them. I would like to know so that I can protect myself and my car.

SonterraSVT

Established Member
"After reading about the guy who got the busted Cobra from Covert, I'm leary of that place." ??

What Happened?

"They are involved somehow in that car that got sold as new but was wrecked."

That was not Covert...I believe that was some other dealership. I saw that Fraud Post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread